Chapter 21: The Final Shabang

The Atlantic Ocean

Bazooka Beach

Tuesday Night

2000 Hours

Ben's POV

"You heard the man. Let's go!" Mike yelled as we ran out the door chasing after Joshua. He got a pretty big headstart but the sand was slowing him down. It was dark outside and I guessed it was about 8 O'clock. I heard some grunts coming from Cyrus's direction and then some running. I assumed Cyrus defeated the two guys and now was coming after us. I looked for Ashley, but she disappeared into the darkness before I could even start looking for her. We now were gaining on Joshua, Zoe almost able to reach him, until I saw past the corner of the treeline. "Of course we were on this side of the island" I said exasperated. Past the treeline was about 5 four-wheelers and Joshua hopped on one and sped off. "Run faster Ben!" Erica said also annoyed with the four-wheelers. "I'm trying, it's hard to carry someone and run at the same time." "Put me on one of them, the throttle is on the steering." "If you say so" I said while putting her on one and jumping on mine. Sure enough, the throttle was on the steering. I held down the throttle and the four-wheeler leapt forward with tremendous speed.

Joshua was barley in our sights but, again, we were catching up. Zoe and Mike were ahead of us by a couple yards and Cyrus just jumped on his. Joshua seemed to be struggling to control his four-wheeler because he was trying to type something in at the same time on his laptop. I tried to squint at his screen but I couldn't see what he was writing so I just focused on gaining ground. The four-wheelers were geared for different terrains, so I geared to the max and gained yet another burst of speed. Then I thought of something that made me think I am stupid. How didn't I think of it earlier, it's car chases 101.

"Guys, try to shoot out his tires!" I tried to yell over the engines. "Oh" Zoe said also realizing her mistake. Mike and Zoe pulled out their guns and started to shoot at Joshua. Joshua shot back at us, but with an assault rifle instead of a handgun. We were about 30 yards away from him now when I finally used all the engines power. "Watch out!" I yelled as I zoomed up to Joshua and slammed into him. The assault rifle was knocked from  his hands and th laptop almost got thrown to. "Oh yeah, wanna do this now" he said as he also rammed into my side. We went back and forth with Zoe still shooting at us. "Watch out!" I yelled as I felt a bullet whizz over my head, barley missing me. "Sorry, I'm doing my best." Just as she said this, Joshua's tire blew out. "Can you guys just let us win for once!" he yelled as he shot a grenade from his arm. Everyone swerved away just in time to not get blown up. I jumped off my four-wheeler and tackled Joshua to the ground. "You idiot!" he yelled while falling. "You broke the laptop, now you never can stop the bombs." I looked in horror at the laptop broken in half. Joshua used this as an opportunity to punch  me in the face and run. "You gotta be kidding me!" I yelled as he hopped into 1 of the 2 motor boats.

Erica zoomed right next to me and grabbed me onto her four-wheeler. We drove over to the other motor boat and I jumped on. Zoe also zoomed up to it and jumped aboard. "Thanks!" I yelled as I zoomed off again in pursuit of Joshua. "Why can't you scumbags just leave us alone!" Joshua yelled. He shot another grenade at us but I swerved out the way just in time. Zoe was still shooting at his engine trying to blow it up when he swerved in front of us, spraying water all over our boat, soaking us. "Zoe! Take the wheel!" I screamed over the roar of the engines. She ran up to the drivers seat and I jumped on Joshua's boat. 

"Fine, you wanna do this. Then lets go" Joshua said while putting on some auto-pilot that SPYDER probably installed. He rushed at me  and tried to land a jab on my stomach, but I quickly dodged left and landed a counter hook on his face. He staggered back but then quickly swept out my legs. He tried to stomp on my face but I rolled away and grabbed his leg, swinging him to the ground. We both quickly jumped up and he preformed a right hook fake out and punched me in my stomach. I bent over in pain and he upper-cutted me, making me fall on my back. "It's over Ben" Joshua said while pointing his grenade arm at me. "Not yet!" I yelled as I swept out his legs and jammed my taser in his neck. He laid on the ground for a few seconds shaking until he got back up and surprised me by slapping my taser into the ocean. "There, now it's a fair fight" Joshua said while trying to shoot a grenade at me. But the only thing that came out was smoke. "What!?" He screamed in anger and confusion. I guess I overloaded his systems with the taser. "why you little!" He screamed at me while, once again, rushing at me. I didn't doge this time though, I grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back. I than gave him a furry of punches to the ribs and finished him off with a swift hook to the cheek. He lied on the ground again and spat out a bloody tooth. "You've gotten better since we last met, haven't you" he chuckled as he hacked up blood.