Chapter 5: At the beach with Erica Pt.2

The Atlantic Ocean

Beach Bazooka

Wednesday

1230 Hours

Ben POV

OMG, Erica just kissed me. Was it on purpose, a accident. I looked at her and then immediately looked away blushing. When I got back to the top I wondered if Mike dragged us that close on purpose, so I tackled him into the water. We stopped playing sneak attack and started tackle everyone in sight. Every time I glanced at Erica though we both looked away blushing. I knew the rest of this day would be awkward.

I found a box close to the beach and opened it to find some water guns. I grabbed 2 pistols and a semi-automatic WAR (Water Assault Rifle). "Who's ready for some action!" I said while shooting Mike and Erica with them. Erica seemed a bit perturbed but then said, "Toss me one." I gave the pistols to Mike and Erica and then went to get the box. I brought it over and then tried to establish teams. "You guys wanna play free for all, teams,  capture the flag" We voted for capture the flag and then made teams. "I call Mike!" Zoe exclaimed. Before Erica could retaliate they ran off.

Erica in the face of fake danger went back into serious mode. "Where should we place our flag" I say while taking one from the box. "In that small cave by the rock." We went over there are discussed our battle strategy (Our previous conversation did come in handy). "What if we use the Reverse Bait and Flank" I suggested (we let them bait me from guarding for Erica to flank them) "Sure" Erica said coldly, "That will work. I'll bait them out with a fake bait and flank." "Sounds good" I said while sighing. I am going to have to talk to her about our feelings eventually but she makes it harder by constantly sending me mixed signals.