Chapter 9: The Talk

The Atlantic Ocean

Beach Bazooka

Wednesday Night

2300 Hours

Ben's POV

I was terrified, but I knew that if I wussed out now, Erica would never like me. I don't know what I would say. She would probably sit down, wait for me to talk, and all I would be doing is getting lost in her eyes. The cold icy mountain, the blizzard of furry, it's intoxicating. I just can't stop looking. She hasn't even came yet and I think I am going to fail. Calm down Ben, you're going to do fine, just calm down. Then I saw Erica start down the sandy hill.

"Hey Erica" I said trying my best to not appear nervous. She didn't buy it, but she played along. "What's up Ben, what did you want to talk about." Strangely, I sensed that she was nervous to. This made me calmer to know I am not alone. "I...um...wanted to talk about...us" I said. "What about it" Erica said shakily. "Well, I just have to know. Do you like me." "WHAT!" she said. She calmed down. "As a friend?" "Well..... more like how I feel about you." "Like a lover" she says. I feel the weariness in her voice but not anger so that good at least. "I knew that we would have to talk sometime but Ben, I just can't do it right now." "'Sighing'  Come on Erica, I know things are complicated between us but come on. You kissed me today down at the beach and at the slopes." "That was an accident." I could now feel her anger rising. "Like you said, it's complicated Ben." "I know but whenever I am around you, I don't know how to act. I always get caught up in your eyes an................." "BEN!" "Sorry.... my point is, I don't know what to do around you and I need a clear answer. I feel like we have been through enough to decide this. For now at least." "Okay" Erica said knowing she was going to have to say something. "Ben.... I-" BOOM!!!!!! 

We looked around until we found we found a small chopper over the tree line. "What! I thought we were safe!" "Guess not" Erica said, like our conversation never happened. She was avoiding the topic, I could tell. She did have a good reason though. Someone was dropping bombs.

Murry's POV

"Dane! How could you accidentally drop a bomb!" "Geeze, sorry." "That's all! You could have blown our cover." "Lets just hope our plan still works out as expected. Continue to the goal!" "You're the boss." How could he just dropped a bomb, while we were under cover! That almost ruined our whole mission. I'll have to report this to the boss just in case

Sorry about the short chapter but I am new to this. In the future when I get better, I can write longer chapter. But for now, please bare with me. Have a nice day😊