Chapter 3: Paradise

Somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean

Plane

Wednesday

1000 Hours

We were all on the helicopter, Erica said there was about an hour left until we get to the island. I kept taking award glances at Erica, she seemed happy for once. During these plane rides she usually were cold and focused looking out for threats. I stopped when Cyrus glared at me though. "Hey man, thanks for bringing me along." Mike said. Pulling me from my train of thought, I kinda stumbled. "Ur..uh....yeah your welcome, I am going to need some company in my hut." Mike lowered to a whisper, "By the way, Erica's been looking at you since we started talking." I started to blush but I quickly tried to hide it.  Mike and I started to have conversations about games and who is the better super hero when there was a sudden jolt from below the copter.

Cyrus and Erica went on full patrol mode, looking everywhere around and outside the plane. I tried helping to but I became more of a nuisance than someone trying to find the cause of the jolt. Cyrus and Erica eventually gave up saying that it was just turbulence, but I swear I saw a metal wing out of the corner of my eye when I sat back down. I decided against telling them because they would probably say "I'm crazy" or "how did you see it but I didn't." I wasn't even sure if I saw it or not. This decision came back to haunt me.

When we got to the island, it was literal PARADISE, even Erica was in awe. The sand was warm, the water was cold, and nobody was trying to kill us. This was going to be a good day. "What beach are we on Cyrus." "We are on Beach Bazooka, brilliantly named by me." "By the way, as supervisor, lets lay out some ground rules. No one can go in my hut, the boys with the boys, girls with the girls." "Look's like we are roomies together Erica." Zoe said. "Oh" Erica said surprised glancing at me, "fun." "Don't be such an Ice Queen Erica, it will be fun." "Anyway" Cyrus looking at Zoe now for interrupting him, "You guys can go anywhere, do any of the activities, but you have to meet up back at the huts 2100 hours and must be in their huts by 2300 hours. Understood." Everyone said yes at the same time, all in varying levels of excitement. "We have a bedtime, that's lame" Mike whispered to me.

When I got to my hut, I was happy. It seamed like Erica almost hoped we would be in the same hut,  also it was air conditioned, that made my day. The hut was nicer than I thought it would be. For 1, it had AC like I said and a minifridge that already came with soda and snacks, secondly, it had a TV. "Oh this is going to be so awesome, we can watch movies and guzzle down soda like good old times." Mike said "Yeah this is going to be great, I heard from Erica that they have ziplines and four wheelers down here." "How does she know?" "I don't know but Cyrus did name the place so he probably designed it to. Let's hurry and unpack so we can do something, I've been cooped up in that plane too long." "Me too." Mike agreed. "Hey can I trust you to keep a secret" "Of course you can" Mike said smiling, "what could this be about?" I knew he most likely already knew but I had to get it off my chest. "Well, I am going to try to get me and Erica t......" I started to smell gunpowder and lilacs, Erica's lovely sent. I started to blush and told Mike to be quiet.

"What 'cha guys talking about" Erica said almost smiling. "Uhhhhh.............." I said still blushing "We were talking about whether a submarine or boat is better in battle." Mike said saving me from intense embarrassment. "Well have fun with that, me and Zoe are going down to the beach if you care to join us." Erica said while flipping her hair and smiling at me. "See you later." I waited a few more seconds before I kept talking. "That was close. Thank you for that." "Your welcome, that's what friends do. Now what were you saying about Erica." I started blushing again, I feel like I've just been a tomato the whole day. "I was... well... going to try to convince her to get with me." "Ha, I knew it. Have you done anything yet." "That's a conversation for another time" I said know darn well that I wasn't going to tell him about the kiss. "Lets just finish packing. By the way, if you tell anyone, I will kill you." "Noted" Mike said in a sarcastic manner knowing I couldn't hurt a fly.