Act Four: Deathly

"So," Ciel lowered the cup of tea from his lips, "Talk already, we're on a tight schedule."
Sebastian pulled out a golden pocket watch and checked the time in careful consideration before he slipped it away and looked back up.
Our eyes met, and right away, I got lost in the scarlet stare. This... Feeling... Why was I afraid of this guy? Was he not just a butler?
I quickly found myself lowering my eyes to my lap and casting a quick glimpse at the mortician beside me. He took his time with a long, slow sip of the tea, as though knowing it was getting on their nerves to be waiting around.
Finally, he lowered the cup with a grin,
"My, that's quite good. Is the tea to your liking, little lord?"
"Damn it-!" Ciel shortly slammed a hand on the table, the tea shaking in the cups, "Do you know something or not? We haven't got all day! You got your stupid joke, inform us what we want to know."

The man exhaled with a forlorn feel,
"Yes yes, of course. You know, you really 'outta stop and enjoy the experiences. Before you know it, life is going to pass you by," As he spoke, a bothersome tapping irked my gears. Where- Ah, it took a second before I noticed The Undertaker was tapping a long nail upon the table in a soft rhythm. "We happened to get one of the pretty victims downstairs. She was right stabbed, she was. Just a single one, through the chest."
"Now that's quite interesting," Sebastian perked up and looked to his master, "The killer risked being blocked by the ribcage for a single blow. Most serial stabbings are quite messy and miss the vital organs."
"Yes, I see what you mean," Ciel nodded in confirmation, "It sounds calculated, they knew what they were doing. A simple street stabbing would be quick, more mistakes, and possibly additional blows. Perhaps the killer was getting the victims in a position that already gave them easy access to the heart."

Christ, were they detectives? How did they get all that just from being told where the stab wound was?! It was like I was watching a detective novel in real-time, but I had no way to keep up with everything they were saying.

"The body didn't have any other wounds, I'm afraid," The Undertaker continued, "Not even a scratch."

Sebastian furrowed his eyebrows and rubbed his chin in deep thought. He looked to be thinking about something before finally perking right up,
"Might I check the corpse for myself? There is something I want to confirm."

With a short nod, the mortician pulled himself up and shortly waved for the Butler to follow. I considered going with for a moment, but decided against it. I wouldn't gain anything by looking at that corpse again. Ciel stayed behind as well, a bored expression over his face as we made eye contact.
The earl kept quiet until the sound of the basement door closed, and he frowned,
"We're alone. I wanted to speak with you anyway."
Really, with me? The hell did he want with me?
The child took a sip of the tea before he set the cup back down,
"Is it true you're actually helping him out? You're a servant?"
Seriously, where did servant come from?
"I'd prefer the term intern," I didn't get paid either way, but I wouldn't accept such a term as a noble. "But yes, I'm working under The Undertaker for now."

Ciel scoffed dismissively, almost mockingly,
"I'd almost say I felt sorry for you. He's an unequivocal loon on his best days."
How rude! Perhaps he was a bit strange, but he was still kind and helpful. I met Ciel's stare back with a sharp glare,
"I'll have you know he's been quite a capable boss and he's exemplary at his work,"
"Oh no I don't contest that, there's a reason I request Undertaker's service, but he's ludicrous at times."
I didn't like the way Ciel was talking about him, but what could I say to defend him? In all fairness, I hadn't known the mortician for very long, and I still had questions about him, such as... Well, that weapon for one.
In fact, I hadn't even seen his face, how could I defend him any better?