Act Seven: Hatred

"(Y/N)!" The knocking on the door continued, "Open the door right now!"
"Maybe after I die!" I snapped back at my father from within my room, "After that, I'm sure you'll give my corpse to the first one that asks for it too!"

"(Y/N), honestly!" My mother piped up instead, "No woman your age has an issue with this. You were out all night, it's only rational we would just want to check."
"Check what?! That I'm not bartering my body off? I can depend on you for that!"
"It's just a quick hymen check, darling-"
"Piss off!"
I looked around for something to throw but nothing was immediately around me. Out of their minds if they thought I would let the doctor touch me! What sort of woman did they think I was?!
Instead of throwing anything, I threw my weight against the door, my balled fists slamming into the wood. The door clanged against the hinges but withstood the weight.
The fight fell silent and as they stepped away, muttering amongst each other, I was left panting for breath. The adrenaline wore off, and it was only then did I realize I was trembling.
I knew it was coming, it wasn't like they hadn't at least threatened it before, but they never had the gall to seriously try to make me have my virginity checked. They lost their marbles, I would do no such thing!
Why did I even consider coming back?
The loneliness echoed against my bedroom walls, and finally, I gave in. My anger turned to sorrow, and as I stood, holding myself against the door, I began to cry. It wasn't like the crying before, triggered by warm memories of the past. These tears were salty with the flowing emotions of hopelessness and loss.
Whatever relationship I had with my parents in the past, it was utterly gone now, I would never have that back, not after this... Any of this. The only thing they truly gave to me in all of this was a respite away from home, and it was supposed to be a punishment.

Perhaps Sebastian was right when he said to put more faith in The Undertaker, I couldn't stay here any longer, screw my royal title.

When my energy replenished and my tears were dry, I picked up my head and took a look around my room. I slipped out once, I could do it again.
First a suitcase, then some clothes. Forget about my shoes, I had a working pair... Perhaps just one pair of my dress heels though.
Next was my vanity, collecting various jewelry and brushes. I fixed up my hair before I tossed one in the suitcase.
And... Money, yes, I had that.
In a drawer in my dresser, I kept various gems and coins, worth quite a bit in the streets, it should be enough for a while.
What else would I need?
Perhaps... Yes, perhaps a blanket.
I set the suitcase down beside my bed before I began to strip it for the undersheets and lighter blankets. One of the small ones would work fine, and it wouldn't be as heavy to carry as the main bedding.
Damn it, if only the servants hadn't found me when they did, I could've asked that prince for help...

As I was pulling it off, I heard a swift slam and my body tensed. How- Wasn't it locked?
My efforts ground to a halt when I turned back and came face to face with Nicolas. He smiled, a small needle-like object in hand, which he pocketed after I took note of it,
"So, you're back," His voice was cold as ice, and his shoes tapped against the ground as he took each slow, delicate step, "It's been a while. A full day and night cycle, in fact. Where did you go?"
"None of your business." I didn't want to look at him, but I wasn't foolish enough to turn my back on him either. Breaking into my room was already alarming enough, what else could he do? "All you care about is having an heir, anything I do outside of that doesn't pertain to you, which at this moment, is everything."
The man frowned before sighing and slicking back his dark hair,
"And yet you denied the doctor's test quite adamantly. It matters to me when an heir may not be mine. What are you hiding?"
I couldn't resist a laugh. Despite all my anger and hatred, no matter how hard I just cried, what he just said made me burst out laughing, much to the surprised expression on his face.
"Hiding?!" I finally hooted, "You'd do good to remember nothing stays hidden in this manor for long. I'm not hiding a thing, but I needn't prove my fidelity. You haven't any proof I've done any such things, I believe you're the one that needs to be seen by the doctor instead, you know, considering..."
If they did such checks on men, of course, I'd push Nicolas to the front of the line.