WOLF GAZE

I remember everything before that terrible night; that took everything from me.

I laughed with so much with happiness that night I don't know how I could have, even though I didn't know what would come after it. My mother tickled me, and I was happy even though laughing so hard was hurting my abdomen. Then without a sign of intrusion my father Damien ran in quickly, and he looked completely frightened and told us to run, hide do something to keep ourselves out of harm and to keep quiet.

My mother hid us in a closet and my father quickly turned around to not show where we hidden and these men came in with guns. My breath caught in my throat. My father growled at them and shifted into his wolf form. The men didn't even try to shoot him as he changed and my father jumped at them bringing them into the next room. All that was heard was screaming a gun shots. I began crying and my mother told me to be quiet.

"Seera please be quiet don't make a sound and mommy will be right back. Alright?" She had said to me.

To be more depressing that was the last time I heard or seen her. Both my parents died that night from a bullet to their chest. I was left an orphan at the age of seven and after I turned fifteen I ran away in the hopes of forgetting my past.

**************

I sat in the little cave that they-the pack- had. After running away from the orphanage this is how it was. I found packs that still hid in the forest near the city and stayed with them only one condition was that I had to do whatever the pack leader wanted and that meant letting them do whatever they wanted to me.

No matter how much I hated it, I still needed someone to protect me even though I'm full aware how to take care of myself. It didn't hurt to have more muscle on my side though. I switched pack to pack in the last few years and almost fifteen in one year. So far if I add all the packs I've been with, together in the last three years I would have been in about twenty packs.

The only reasons I don't stay with any of the packs is because, the male pack leader either wants to mate with me or mark me as his, and that was not happening until I was of legal age. I know that age in a pack didn't really matter but it did for me. And I was only, what seventeen, turning eighteen in the summer and right now it was winter in the middle of December.

I curled up into a tiny ball to keep myself warm. I wore thin clothing-jeans and t-shirt- and they weren't doing much to keep me warm.

I may be a wolf but I'm not very used to using my wolf side unless a. I'm running away or b. I need to find a pack that is willing to take me in because of my breed. My type of breed is pure white wolf whatever they called it I didn't know. But I was a rare type of wolf apparently. So that's how I was able to get into a pack without much problem, just only because they liked me.

"Seera, come here." Antony said. I looked up from my knees and looked his way. He was in the far back of the cave, which was like his little living area.

"Coming." I said getting up and I walked slowly over to him and sat in front of him, on my knees, feeling the moist dirt seep into my jeans.

"I was thinking it's about time for me to mark you as mine and you'll be able to stay in my pack." He said. I was hoping that this day wouldn't come, and it's only been two weeks. I sighed and looked him in the eyes, I was never particularly afraid of any of the pack men.

"No." I said calmly. He looked at me with a grin.

"It wasn't a favor or a question I wanted an answer for, I mean I will mark you as mine and you will be part of this pack and you'll forever stay my mate." He said and that made me think he was crazy, yes he was able to give orders but I'm not actually part of his pack and now I don't want to be, a lot more than when I first came here.