part three

I sat in the corner of the jail cell that I woke up in, after I ate my food. Everyone else still ate and sat together like a family. I saw Alaric and who I thought was his mate, with their little pup. The girl I met earlier, Sarina, she was their daughter.

I closed my eyes and laid my head against my knees that I curled up against my chest. The gate to the cell opened and I didn’t bother to open my eyes.

“Yes?” I asked.

“Why are you sitting alone, you know you can sit with us.” Dimitri said.

“Thanks but no thanks.” I said.” I’ll be leaving anyway so I just want to rest before leaving.”

“Really and where would you go?”

“I’ll find somewhere. I always do.” I heard him snort.

“Didn’t you already find somewhere?” He said and I looked up. I looked at him confused; I didn’t get what he meant at all.

“What?” I said.

“You found us, so why don’t you stay just a bit longer.” Alaric said standing on the side of the cell gate. I looked at him and I felt like crying. Not once did a pack ever ask me to stay.

“Are you telling me to stay?” I asked.

They both nodded at me. My thoughts were scrambled in my head and I didn’t know what to say. I stood up and leaned against the wall.

“Is that an order or a request?” I said a smile on my lips. Alaric smiled, and Dimitri just looked at me with his golden eyes. Just his stare made my insides want to melt.

“Yeah it’s an order.” He said, and a small smile formed. I rolled my eyes.

“Thanks, I guess I’m under your command, oh wise one.” I said swiping one leg back and forming into a bow.

“That’s not funny.” He said.

“Wasn’t meant to be. I’m completely serious, in every pack I’ve been in; I’ve done whatever the alpha male wanted. So now I’m under your utter control.” I said looking up to see his golden eyes look at me in shock.

I stood straight again and reached my hand up to my hair. I slid the hair tie out of my hair and my hair fell down like a flow of golden water around my face. “Is there anything you would like me to do now?”

He looked at me as I played with my hair. I pulled my fingers through my hair to pull the knots out. He looked down then back up at me.

“No. Nothing.”

After that he just walked out. I looked at him as he closed that gate behind him. I think I said something wrong.

“Did I do something wrong?” I asked.

“No, you didn’t.” Alaric said. I didn’t believe him he looked as shocked as Dimitri did. Whatever. I’m only here until they tell me to leave or he tries anything funny. Then again, Dimitri’s about my age and I wouldn’t mind if he wanted to mark me. I thought about that a bit more. Maybe not, he has an attitude sometimes.

Alaric walked out of the cell after that and I was left alone.  I sighed and walked over to the little mattress I was on this morning. I sat down and leaned against the wall. I wonder if this was anybody else’s bed, then they just gave up their little place for me.

I stood back up and went to find Dimitri. I needed to ask him a few questions. I walked out of the cell and I didn’t see him seated with the rest of the pack. I went over to them and Alaric looked up.

“Where is Dimitri?” I asked. He looked towards the exit. I nodded and walked away. I walked outside and I didn’t see him anywhere.

“Dimitri!” I screamed, maybe he could hear me.