part 18

When we all woke up we all were very hungry. We had no way of knowing what was here and we were even scared to death to want to leave this spot. So we stayed here and we watched as the pups laid there not wanting to move around and play like they usually wanted to. I felt sad to know that they had to go through this at such a young age.

We lost Sedaris last night and Gabe was in full wreckage. Our Omega was too upset to even care what happened to him, I believe he rather be with his younger brother right now. I heard a snap of a twig. I looked up and I saw a women she didn’t have a gun. We growled as she walked over to us. She had that outfit the park rangers wore, so just maybe she won’t hurt us.

“It’s alright I won’t hurt you.” She said, she smelled of Human and perfume. I didn’t smell any wolf in her. She walked closer and Dimitri walked closer to her standing in front of me. She stopped walking and stood straight. “Are you afraid I’m going to hurt you?”

I was confused she was talking to us like she knew we understood her. She crossed her arms around her chest. I used my paws and pushed myself up on Dimitri’s back and she looked at me. She smiled and I felt like she wasn’t going to hurt us. I jumped over Dimitri and he growled at me telling me to stay where I was. I kept walking to the lady and stood in front of her.

“Hey there. I won’t hurt you.” She said and I looked at her my eyes wandering over her checking if she had any weapon. She didn’t I scratched at her jacket she wore and she opened it. I looked inside of it and I saw nothing like a knife.” I promise I won’t hurt you.”

I looked up to her face and she smiled and I whined. She got on her knees and she started petting my head. She was definitely a nice lady.

“Are you guys hungry, I can bring back something for you to eat.” She said I turned my head and I saw Dimitri looking at me angrily. I sent him a mental thought of me walking away with her and her snapped his jaw at me and growled. I sent him another mental picture of me changing right in front of her if he did that again. He stopped and he sent me a mental picture of him ripping her to shreds. I gasped and looked away from him and I moved back from the lady. She was a little startled and she looked sad that I walked away from her. She looked at Dimitri and I felt she was hiding something. Not a weapon but something else.

“Alright, I get it. You’re scared I’m going to hurt you.” She said and she moved back away from us and she looked down for a quick second.” I’m a person who understands what’s going on and I protect animals.”  She stopped and looked at me and Dimitri.

“You’re the only white wolf I’ve seen in years. I thought they were extinct.” She said,” I’ll bring back food and if you still think I’m going to hurt you, fine, you can leave and forget I ever met you.” She said and she left us alone. I watched her walk away and when I knew she wasn’t in any range of us I whipped around and slapped Dimitri with a paw. I didn’t let my claws out but still, I wanted it to hurt like hell.

‘Why would you do that? That human had nothing on her that could hurt us.’ I screamed mentally at him.

‘I don’t give a crap! She’s a human and humans have been killing us! Remember what happen to Sedaris not too long ago!?’ He screamed at me. I glared at him and backed away from him.

‘You know I remember I held him when he freaking died!’ I screamed. He flinched back, he knew how I felt and he was being a jerk to bring it back up.’ And explain why that woman was talking to us like she knew we understood her. You can’t can you?!’

He didn’t say anything and I huffed.’ She is hiding something from us and I want to know what she is hiding. When I find that out we can go if it isn’t a good thing alright.” I said and he looked at me and sat down. His head hung low and I sat down in front of him until he looked up to me again. When he did he seemed to have calmed down just a bit.

‘Fine but if she hurts one of us, she is dead.’ He said and I smiled. I knew he would give in eventually.

‘I already said you could, didn’t I?’  I said and he walked over to me. He placed his forehead to mine and closed his eyes.

‘Don’t you ever do that again, you understand? You scared the crap out of me and I was already about to kill her.’ He said and I sighed.

‘I’m sorry, but don’t hurt her until we find out.’ I said and he huffed. I smiled and licked his face. He licked mine and we laid down next to each other as everyone else settled back down themselves. Gabe, Alaric and Dimitri kept watch just in case she came back with hunters. We waited for a few hours and she brought back food for us. A whole lot of meat she also brought an little boy with her. He was helping her carry the food.

“You were right mommy.” The little boy said and I looked up the little boy looked at me and smiled. I smiled and licked my fur.” Mommy, is she the only one left?”

I looked at the boy again. His mother looked at me and she nodded.

“Yes baby, the only one.” She said” Alright come on before they get mad at us for staying too long.” Then she and her child left, leaving the food she brought. Alaric walked over to the meat and sniffed it checking for anything dangerous.

He looked back up and shook his head. Everything was alright to eat. I looked back at Dimitri and sent him a smile.

‘Now, are you scared of her yet?’ I asked and he scoffed at me and went to grab some meat. He brought back over to me and we shared the meat. Thank god she brought us some food, because they kids were losing a lot of their energy from not eating. As I ate I remember what the little boy said.

He sounded as if he, knew something too. I was probably just over thinking this stuff, but it still bothered me a lot.