part two

My body ached, but I didn't feel any pain. I panicked thinking I died and went to hell. I touched my back and I didn't feel any scars, and I didn't feel any dried blood. I was confused and the sound of a gate opening was coming from not even a few inches away from me.

"So you're awake now." That was the same voice from before. I quickly looked up and saw the guy I had ran into.

"Yeah, so I'm not dead." I said. He smiled slightly; I don't even think that qualified as a smile.

"Yeah, you're alive and the other guy is dead. So technically that's the only reason why your still here." He said. Well that was put nicely. Not.

"Thank you." I said as nicely as I could. Then he tossed a sweat shirt at me.

"I think this would fit." He said. I looked at it of course it was black, and it was warm. I sniffed it and it smelled like man. I looked at him and sniffed the air. It was his sent that I smelled on the sweater.

"Thanks again." I said slipping it on. "But I better get going; I don't want to intrude on your pack."

He looked at me and sighed, closing his eyes. He pushed back his messy black hair and looked back at me. His eyes the golden color, which I last, saw before passing out. So it was him that looked at me.

"No you can stay you're not bothering us." He said. With that he walked out. Well at least he was nice to let me stay. I looked around and tried to guess where I was. It kind of reminded me of a jail cell. I stood up and walked over the gate and looked at it. I think I was right because even the gate looked like it belonged to a jail cell.

Maybe they lived in an abandoned police station. I wouldn't be surprised though; packs usually found something that was convenient; so I guess this is what you called convenient. It was a lot better than a freaking cave.

I opened the gate and stepped out and I was almost run over by four kids, well pups in this case. They were playing and it made me smile, then it was replaced with a frown. It just reminded me of my childhood. I walked down the somewhat narrow hall. I was stopped before I could walk outside.

"How do you feel?" I turned to see Alaric.

"I'm fine thank you." I said with a smile. He smiled and that made me blush a bit." I have a question; um...what's your alpha's name?"

"Dimitri." He said." He's not much of a talker but sure is a hell of a good leader." I couldn't help but laugh.

"He doesn't seem to open to other people. He just straight forward." I said. Alaric chuckled.

"Yes he is but, even though he is, everyone here believes that's his strength in a way." He said. I could kind of agree I guess. I'm straight forward, and so far that's just what keeps getting me in trouble; time and time again. So pretty much it didn't work for me.

A sharp pain went through my head. Great I have a headache.

"Seems to me, you have another problem." Alaric said. I nodded.

"I have a headache now. I think I'm hungry and low on blood supply." I said sarcastically. Alaric just smiled.

"Well get better I have to go catch up with the pups; before one of them beat each other into a bloody pulp." He said.

I let him past me first and he went running to catch up with the four kids that ran past me earlier. I smiled he's so nice, too bad though, he had the smell of his mate on him. Then most likely one of those pups was his.

I walked outside and I didn't realize it was snowing until I looked up and saw snowflakes float slowly down.

I heard laughter coming from up ahead and I went to look and see what it was. As I got closer and I saw