part 17

My mind was gone as we ran. I only saw the three of them running in front of me so I followed. We caught up to the pack as they were still running and we didn’t stop until we were in a different set of woods, most likely out of the city range. I think we were near the highway where not many people stopped to walk around. We didn’t find anything for us to settle in for the night so we stayed out in the opening and made sure we slept in a pile style.

I laid there not sleeping. I was afraid that I was going to see a replay of Sedaris’s death. I felt a nudge against my head and I looked out the corner of my eye. His golden eyes looked at me worried. I whined and leaned my head into his neck. He rubbed his head against mine and it soothed me slightly.

‘How are you feeling?’ he asked. I looked down at the ground where our paws intertwined.

‘You should be asking Gabriel how he’s feeling not me.’ I said and he sighed.

‘I tried already and he won’t speak to anyone.’ He said.’ Gabe is hurting right now and he won’t let anyone in.’ I looked up and I saw Gabe’s wolf lying alone near a tree. I looked back at Dimitri and he gave me a knowing stare.’ You’re going to try and talk to him aren’t you?’

‘Yeah, all I can do is try.’ I said and he moved so I could get up and walk over to Gabe. I walked over to him slowly and I saw his head lift up slightly before falling back down on his paws. I sat near him and he looked at me from the corner of his eye.

‘How you feel?’ I asked. He huffed at least he answered in a way.

‘Horrible.’ He said and I silently smiled that he answered me. I lay next to him and cuddle into his side. He gave me a breathy laugh and it went silent again.

‘I’m sorry.’ I said and he knocked my head with his.

‘Don’t be, it was his stupid decision that got him killed.’ Gabe said. I felt a little angry for him saying that.

‘Why would you say that? He was your brother and he got pissed because the human shot you….you should be grateful that your brother cared that much for you.’ I said and he could tell how angry I was at him for saying that.

‘I am, and I’m blaming myself for his death.’ I heard in his voice that he was having a battle with himself.’ I should have made him leave. I just knew he was going to get hurt.’ He started whimpering. I leaned my head on his in a comforting way.

‘I know, I wasn’t your fault though. That human killed him not you.’ I said and he got silent.

‘I wonder why the humans are killing our kind anyway. I don’t get it we did nothing to them.’ Gabe said. I was wondering the same thing. They just started killing us without a reason.

‘I don’t know, but you need to get rest.’ I said and that was funny. I didn’t want to go to sleep myself.

‘Alright, you do the same.’ He said and we stood up walking over to the pack and their dog pile, literally. I hopped over a few of them to get to Dimitri and he looked up and I lay next to him. I snuggled under him and I watched Gabe settle under one of the twins, I think it was Flora. I smiled and I lay my head down on my paws.

‘You actually got him to talk?’ He said. I laughed.

‘Yeah, I guess he just felt since I was there next to him I knew what he was going through.’ I said and Dimitri just agreed with me. After a few minutes passed I decided to ask him a question.’ Do you know why the humans are killing us?’

Dimitri didn’t answer so I thought he was sleeping.

‘I think they were starting to get scared when people were being torn to shreds. They thought it was us who were killing their people and, well when they caught one of us the shot them.’ He stopped. Humans didn’t know I kind existed until they killed a wolf that was wandering the streets. When we are killed we die in our human forms.

‘So they found out that there is more than just their little society and began hunting us like we are some wild animals and aren’t meant to live in their world.’ I said and I felt as he nodded against my head. Humans were a selfish existence, and it sickened me to think that we have to deal with their crap. Humans have no idea what they did.

*******************

So comments please i want to know how the story is so far i know i dont have alot of fans..... so if you may PLEASE (i'm more like begging) suggest me to your fans or whatever you deem best.

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D