part 13

I stayed outside and waited for them to come back. I just felt like something would go wrong today, I just knew. Call it a sixth sense or whatever; I just knew something was wrong. Before my worries came true I went inside and told everyone to be ready to run if we had to.

“Why?” Gretel said a little worried.

“I just don’t have a really good feeling. I’m afraid something is going to happen. Just tell everyone to be ready. Make sure the pups stay in one place so it’ll be easier to escape if needed.” I said. Gretel nodded.

“I hope you’re wrong. I do not doubt you; I just hope you’re wrong. I don’t want anything to happen to these children.” She said. I nodded furiously.

“I hope I’m wrong too. I just want to be on the safe side.” I said and with that she got the pups in one place and told all the girls to stay with them too. The rest of the men stayed outside and kept watch. I walked outside and I was quickly stopped.

Gabriel the Omega stopped me and told me to go back inside. I shook my head no.

“No Gabe I have to stay out here, for when Dimitri comes back.” I said and tried to push past him. He growled.

“I can’t, he’ll have my hide if you get hurt.” I smiled bitterly.

“I know, and I won’t let him, I’m telling you to let me through. It’s an order; I’m the alpha’s mate.” I said. He reluctantly backed down and went back to the line of guards. He shifted and I stood there, waiting for them to come back. I don’t know how long we waited but they finally came back and they looked as if they were rushing.

Please god don’t let me have been right. They came running over here and they shifted quickly. Dimitri ran over to me so fast I knew my fears were right. He grabbed my face and kissed me quickly.

“We have to go now, get everyone ready.” He said in a rush.

“You don’t need to, I already did. I just felt like something was going to happen. So I told them to be ready to run if they had to.” He gave me a hoarse laugh and started giving orders.

“Everyone quickly, get your families and head east. We’ll follow behind you shortly.” He said and the men who were watching guard ran inside and told everyone to get out and the next thing I saw was a pack of wolves running, and then I saw the pups running. Oh god, please don’t let anything happen to them.

Gabriel and Alaric came over to us. Shifting I saw that Alaric was bleeding.

“What happened?” I asked.

“I was shot at but it didn’t hit me just skimmed. Even though it hurts like hell, I’ll be fine.” He said.

“There is no time for this we need to go.” Gabriel said. I nodded and we shifted. We started running following behind the rest of the pack. Out of nowhere it started snowing, and every second it snowed it got harder. We caught up to the pack and we kept running as fast as we could. I don’t know how far we ran but we made it to a small cave that would fit the whole pack. I doubt we’ll be sleeping anytime soon though.

I walked inside the cave and collapsed. I didn’t shift forms I stayed in my wolf form since it was cold in here. I looked around and I saw the pups curled up with their fathers and mothers. I huffed, I was glad they were safe. I looked up still laying where I was and looked towards the cave opening where I saw the three sitting.

With the little strength I had I got up and walked over to them. They were talking. I couldn’t hear them since they could only talk to one wolf at a time. I sat down and Dimitri looked at me. I only knew because he was the only wolf with gold colored eyes.

I whined and turned into my human form. I sat on my knees and Dimitri shifted after. He pulled me onto his lap and I curled into him.

“Are you alright? You look exhausted.” He said. I looked up at him and nodded as best as I could.” Go to sleep.”

“I can’t I’m scared.” I said. He leaned his forehead on mine and sighed loudly.

“I know, but I can’t have you weak and tired.” He said and kissed my nose,” Sleep.” He ordered. I gripped onto his shirt and closed my eyes. I fell asleep, slowly. My nerves were in hyper drive and I was still in full adrenaline rush. This day couldn’t get any worse.

When I woke up again, it was much darker outside. I could still see, we’re not cats but we are supernatural creatures. I looked up and saw Dimitri still awake. He was still holding me.

“Dimitri, what happened?” I asked. He looked down.

“You should be asleep, now sleep.” He said.

“I’m not tired anymore, so tell me what happened?” I said. He sighed and pulled me closer to him.

“We were running and heard some humans talking. I told everyone to be quiet so I could hear what was going on.” he stopped; he was listening for any humans.” They were talking about the two men they found dead in the woods. Right away I knew it was the two men we had to deal with. One of the yound wolves we took today to hunt was stupid enough to move closer to listen.”

“I guess I can figure out what happen next.” I said. He gave me a tired laugh and he continued.

“Yeah, he made a noise and we had to get out of there before they could hurt us. They started shooting like crazy and ended up shooting Alaric, and missing thankfully.” He said and I could feel the anger rolling off of him.

“Calm down. It’s over for now, at least no one was damaged to badly.” I said and I started getting off of him.” You need to sleep so you go to sleep. I’ll have someone else take over for you.”

“No, I’m the alpha I should be watching.” He protested.

“If I have to watch then I will, if it will let you sleep.” I said,” You need your energy too.” I said and he gave me a hurt look. I sighed and gave him a kiss.

“Seera please, I have to watch, or I’ll never be a peace while I’m sleeping.” He begged. I pushed his down on the ground of the cave. He groaned in pain. I held him down and looked him straight in the eye.

“Sleep now or I swear I will hurt you.” I said. He groaned but finally closed his eyes and fell asleep within seconds.” I knew you were tired.”  I got off of him and walked out of the cave. I stood there and looked up at the sky and I heard someone come up behind me.

“Whoa, calm down it’s only me.” Gabriel said.” I can take over if you’d like.” He said and I smiled.

“Thanks, he just wore himself out. I just wish he wouldn’t do that.” I said and he smiled.

“That’s how he is. We can’t stop him and he won’t stop himself. Thank the moon goddess you can.” I gave a small laugh, with little humor in it. I just had enough for one day.

“You can go back inside and rest a bit more.” He said, and without realizing it I was yawing. I was still tired. I nodded and started heading back.

“Thanks Gabe.” I said.

“No problem.” He said and I walked back inside the cave to lay next Dimitri.