part five

When I was close enough to the wall to listen I planted myself into the snow, not caring if I got soaking wet. I listened carefully, letting my wolf hearing doing the rest for me. I started getting glimpses of what they were saying.

“Should we move the pack? Before they get any closer to us?” I heard one say. I didn’t know who because I didn’t know his name.

“No we might not find something like this again and I don’t want to have the women and children living in the freezing cold, or in a cave.” I heard Dimitri say. I smiled always caring.

“I agree, if we have to we should fight the humans and not run away.” I heard Alaric say. I heard a few mumbles of disagreement. Someone sighed.

“We’ll only fight if we have to. We are not going to charge at them.” Dimitri said.  I nodded to myself agreeing with him. I know how that turned out. I shuddered recalling my memories of that night.  I completely missed a lot of the conversation because they went to talking about hunting.

“Instead of going alone, for now go in hunting parties just in case of a human attack.” Dimitri said.” Got it?” I heard as everyone agreed and then they were dismissed. I quickly ran so I wouldn’t get caught. When they filed out they looked all tensed and seemed like they couldn’t relax. Who would blame them?

When Dimitri came out I acted as if nothing happen and that I have been standing there waiting for the meeting to be over. He walked over to me and he looked very stressed. I wanted him to feel better and before I could say anything I stopped myself from embarrassing myself.

“Hey.” I said as he took his last few steps to me. He looked at me his golden eyes hard like the crystal they took after.

“Hey.” He said and he rolled his shoulders.

“Would you like me to give a message?” I asked. He looked at me and he smiled. Yup I made him just a tad bit happier.

“You would really do that?” He asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

“Depends if I’m feeling up to being nice.” I said and he laughed.

“Well I could use one.” He said. I smirked.

“Okay, maybe sometime later in the year.” I said and he rolled his eyes as he took in what I said.

“Meaning you won’t do it, kind of figures.” He said. I giggled. He smiled once again. We were interrupted as Alaric came over.

“Seems like you feel much better.” He said. Dimitri shrugged his shoulders

“Stop trying to act cool you dork.” I said and he glared at me. I gave him my most innocent smile. He shook his head.

“Well, we are going hunting. Who should go?” Alaric asked. Dimitri looked at the pack.

“Take Sedaris, Aiden and Gabriel.” Dimitri finished. I looked as the guys he named came up behind Alaric and nodded their heads.

“Alright, we’ll be back soon.” Alaric said. He walked over to his mate and child giving the kisses. Then they left.

This went on for a few weeks, and everyone who went came back unharmed. While that happened me and Dimitri had time to get friendly, and not in that way. He told me he had a little brother named Lucas and he was only five when he was killed. I felt bad when I heard that, I always wanted a sibling but never got the chance; and glad that never happened I wouldn’t want to see him die at a young age.

After the fourth week since we started the hunting parties, Dimitri decided that we can lay off of it for a few days and see how that goes. There were complaints and other things like what the hell is wrong with you, or do you want to get us killed.

No matter what they said they stayed by his side in his decision. So that night he was the one to go hunting.

“Do you want me to go with you?” I asked. Dimitri was in the middle of putting on his sweat shirt. I ogled as he put his shirt on and how his muscles moved. Yup I’m head over heels for him. Oh might I add he has a nice pack of abs, a delicious number of eight.

“Sure, I don’t mind.” He said with a smile. His shirt now fully on we walked outside to see a start of snow coming from the sky.

It was now January put it still snowed a lot. We walked to the start of the woods and we changed. We ran for a little bit and then we found a big elk. Enough to feed the pack for the night. As we caught the elk I shifted and Dimitri snapped the elks’ neck. He changed afterwards.

“Why did you change?” He asked.

“I needed to stretch; I haven’t run like that for a while.” I said and I cracked my back and sighed in relief. He laughed. Then, and we didn’t realize it until was too late, a man came out with a gun. He shot at us, it was coming for me and I was quickly pulled out of the way and Dimitri screamed in agony. I grabbed his arm to ask what had gotten hit, when I felt the hot liquid flow down into my hand. He had gotten shot in the arm.

I quickly changed and jumped the guy who shot Dimitri. I pinned him down and I bit into his neck. He screamed for a few seconds but quickly faded.

I changed and ran over to Dimitri and he had fallen into the snow now screaming in pain. I quickly hauled one arm over my shoulder, of course not the hurt one and we walked as fast as we could to the pack as possible.

When we reached them Alaric quickly noticed and took Dimitri away from me. I was crying and he tried to console me.

“It’s alright he only got shot in the arm, it won’t kill him. Don’t cry.” I tried nodding and kept crying anyway. His mate Gretel came over and tried to calm me down. They managed to get the bullet out and his wound started to heal. Even after that I couldn’t stop blaming myself for what happened.

If I hadn’t stood there in a daze he wouldn’t have gotten hurt. I couldn’t stop crying. I didn’t fall asleep; I was waiting for Dimitri to wake up so I could apologize for what happened.

I just hope he doesn’t hate me.