Story - Why Blast and Geo hate cats

Response to hypersdestiny's idea (a gd lvl gets hospitalised)

*Blast and Geo are currently 8 yrs old and going back from school. Press Start is in the Robotics Club and staying back that day.*

"GD! The bus is here!" yelled Blast Processing as he sprinted towards the bus.

"I'm coming! Wait up!" Geometrical Dominator panted as he ran towards Blast, who was now at the bus doors and frantically signalling to the driver to let them in.

When they had finally got into the bus, the duo heaved a sigh of relief. Not long after, the bus reached their stop. As they alighted from the bus, Blast turned to Geo.

"Hey, wanna join me to 7-11 today?" he asked. "Press's staying back today."

"Good idea!" replied Geo. At that, they set off towards the nearby convenience store.

On the way there, they heard a soft meowing not far away. Curious, they turned around. A furry black cat was padding along the nearby wall.

"A cat!" Blast squealed. He immediately walked over to the cat. Sensing his presence, the cat tensed.

"I don't think you should be doing that..." muttered Geo. However, Blast took no notice. He reached out an arm to pet the cat, unaware of the cat's obvious upset.

Unsurprisingly, that was a mistake. In a flash, the cat lunged at Blast's face. It slashed hard, attempting to latch on. Amidst Blast's pained and terrified screams, Geo could only stare in horror.

Soon, the cat left, knowing that its twisted and overboard punishment had worked. Shaking and incoherent, Blast fell to the ground. His left eye was damaged and bleeding, and the area around it was comparable to roadkill.

Confused and in shock, Geo wracked his brain, trying to think of what to do. He looked around for help, but found that they were alone. Just then, he spotted Blast's phone nearby. He quickly picked it up and called the hospital.

Soon, the ambulance arrived. Blast was swiftly rushed inside and taken to the hospital, with Geo beside him. Fifteen nerve-wracking minutes later, they were in the hospital.

Blast was transferred to a treatment facility. The doctors started to disinfect and treat his wounds. After a while, Press Start ran into the room.

"Geo! Thanks for quickly getting help. What happened?" she asked, panting.

"Now's not the time, but long story short, a cat did it." Geo whispered.

After what seemed like an eternity, the doctors turned around to face Press and Geo.

"I'm so sorry, but we could not save his eye. It was damaged beyond repair." the doctor told them. "However, we successfully cleaned the wound on his face. As stitches were impossible and skin grafts too risky to attempt, we implanted a layer of stainless steel on top of the wound, much like a prosthetic leg on a leg injury."

"So he is blind?" Geo asked.

"In one eye, yes. But he will be okay. Try covering your left eye with your hand." the doctor instructed. "You can still see, right?"

Geo did so and nodded.

"So Blast will be able to see as you did." the doctor reassured. He turned back to Press Start and continued: "Your brother will need to stay for further examination, to make sure that there are no infections or complications. He will be discharged by 1 pm tomorrow at the latest if nothing goes wrong."

Press Start nodded and left, Geo following closely after him.

On the trip back to his house, Geo made sure not to detour or get distracted. After all, that was what got Blast into this situation. If only I had acted faster... Geo cursed. However, it was no use. This incident has made a mark on his heart, set in place for eternity.

A/N: I know this is highly unrealistic but neither is GD Stupidity's version of events.