Ꮍ1 (5) - Friends and Enemies

I had walked into a dorm where two other girls were unpacking their trunks. The first girl had blue eyes and ginger hair with freckles. If I didn't know any better I would've assumed she were a Weasely.

The second girl had short, dyed blonde hair, with her dark brown roots showing. She had dark brown eyes complementing her face.

I decided it would be best to introduce myself and leave a good first impression. After all these girls would be living with me for as long as we are in Hogwarts.

"Uhm... Hello. I'm (Y/n) Woodruff." I introduce myself awkwardly. What a great start...

"Zima Fox." The girl with blonde hair said with a warm welcoming smile, holding her hand out for a handshake.

"Pleasure." I say as I shake her hand.

The ginger girl turns to face us after setting her stuff down and holds her hand out as well, "Audrey Sheppard."

"Well, I hope we can all be friend." Zima stated nervously as she sat on her bed, running her fingers through her hair.

"Me too." Audrey said after her handshake with both me and Zima.

"I'm sure we will." I confidently replied as I also sat on my bed and silently read ahead in one of the textbooks, 'One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi'.

"Well then, goodnight." Zima began to turn of her lamp and curl up in her sheets, followed by Audrey heading to bed a well.

I closed the book and put it off to the side before drifting off as well.

𓆗𓅓͛ ¾ 🃁 𐦍 ⚕️𓆗𓅓͛ ¾ 🃁 𐦍 ⚕️

My head bobbed above the water, I gasped for air, my lungs begging for oxygen. Their pleas unforgiven and I was forced below the water again. As hard as I tried to push against the suffocating waves, I kept being dragged by the currents downstream.

I tried so desperately to grip onto anything, but the rocks only scrapped my hands and elbows. I kept crying out, my throat filled with the rushing water and I had began to just flail around.

I emerged from the water again and caught a small glimpse of Holly, the better twin. the stronger swimmer. But even for her, she struggled against the ripples of the deadly waters.

She, like I, was submerged once more as what seemed like tidal waves dragged us underneath the painful waters.

I let out a horrible scream as Holly fought desperately against the crashing waters, but her body soon went limp after she herself let out a scream.

I wanted to reach out to her but as my hand tried to grab hers, my vision went blurry and I was pulled above water.

𓆗𓅓͛ ¾ 🃁 𐦍 ⚕️𓆗𓅓͛ ¾ 🃁 𐦍 ⚕️

"(Y/n)! Woodruff! Wake up!" Zima shook me, her eyes filled with terror as her hands trembled on my shoulders.