Ꮍ1 (11) - Just Before Christmas

{Sorry for the short and boring chapter!}

Christmas was coming and slower than ever. I dearly loved Christmas, so every day before Christmas when it was near felt like an eternity.

By mid-December, the lake was frozen, the school was drowned in feets of snow, and everything was freezing. 

During breakfast, I had taken Windcutter to Hagrid due to his nearly frozen feathers and shivering body. Although he did manage to deliver a letter saying;

"(Y/n),

You're father has managed to clear his schedule well enough for Christmas break, however I am still very busy. I won't be with you during Christmas break, though I can promise I'll be there for Summer.

Note that there is a chance you'll spend Christmas with the Malfoys so do well to behave yourself. I will know if you make a fool of our family.

-Mother"

I turned to Draco, who this entire time has been extra sour towards Harry. Making joked about wide-mouth frogs replacing him, to him not going home for Christmas. He gave me a similar look, confirming that he got a similar message.

𓆗𓅓͛ ¾ 🃁 𐦍 ⚕️𓆗𓅓͛ ¾ 🃁 𐦍 ⚕️

The only downside of Winter is the freezing cold weather. And sometimes it feels like its ten times worse at Hogwarts.

The only times when I know its guaranteed worse, is Snape's class which was located in the dungeons with no fire whatsoever. 

Zima and Audrey were huddling close together next to their cauldron, both of their breaths coming out in a cloudy, hot, mist.

"Draco." I call out through my shivers and glare at my powdered lion-fish spines.

He rolled his eyes and walks over to my spot, a little stiff from the chilling air. "You're absolutely horrible at potions. You do know that right?"

"I'm not that thick, not like those two." I scoff and point at Crabbe and Goyle who seemed like motionless robots waiting for Draco to come back. 

After a few minutes of Draco's help and my idiocy to Potions, I sighed and turned to him with a weak smile. "If I pass this-... it's partially because of Snape's favoritism."

"It's like I don't exist to you Wo- (Y/n)." Draco snickers but still seems to struggle with saying my name rather than my surname.

"That's why I said 'Partially'" I laugh and shiver a bit, soon falling into a comfortable silence.

"I do feel sorry." He began, staring back at Harry. "for all those people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home."

"Oh here we go again." I rolled my eyes and place my arm on Draco's. "Why don't you go back to your cauldron. I think I've got it from here."

He just shrugs and brushes off my annoyance before going back.

I finish my potion, which looks a lot better with Draco's help, and go to Harry.

"You okay?" I ask genuinely, looking down at Granger's potion, which looked perfect much to my annoyance.