Behind Closed Doors

A/N: Inspired by Yejisu's characters in the Sneakers M/V

"Your Majesty, Commander Choi is here to report to you." Chaeryeong, a servant but one of her closest friends, notified the queen who was sitting elegantly at the throne. 

"Do I really have to talk to him? Can't he just report to someone with a higher rank than him like General Choi? Alsoo... didn't I tell you to just call me unnie and drop this "your highness" nonsense. You know how much I hate being called like that." The Queen replied which made Chaeryeong chuckle and whispered something to the queen while still bowing down to her.

"Yeji-unnie, I can't do that when we are here in the throne room, besides while I'm beyong thankful for your kindness, it is still my job to serve the queen." Chaeryeong stated softly as she did not want the approaching commander to hear their casual conversation.

"Your Highness, Queen Yeji" Commander Choi rudely interrupted their conversation and knelt down to kiss the hand of the queen (to the latter's disgust). 

"Ugh. I hate this custom and who told him he could call me by my name?" Yeji thought as she displayed a huge but fake smile in front of the cocky commander. Chaeryeong tried to hide her knowing smile as she moved to stand beside her throne.

"Commander." She acknowledged him while gritting her teeth which he failed to notice as always.

" Your Highness, how many times do I have to tell you that you can call me Yeonjun." The commander smugly smiled as he finally stood up.

"I'm afraid I cannot do that commander, you know the customs. The queen cannot do that." Yeji replied to Chaeryeong's amusement, as she recognized the difference between their conversation with what the two are having now. Poor commander, Yeji-unnie must really hate his guts if she uses the royal customs to dismiss his requests. She thought as she listened to the two talking about the plans for maintaining the peace among the Kingdom's colonies situated in the West. 

"... As for the casualties from these disputes, their bodies are being transported on the woods in between our northwest and southwest colonies to be disposed." Commander explained while putting a pin on the exact location at the map which he brought when he entered.

"How do you plan to dispose them there?" The queen inquired calmly but Chaeryeong already sensed that the Queen's anger rising up.

"By burning them of course, your highness." The commander confidently replied.

"Commander, are you aware of the dangers that your proposal may pose to the health of the nearby villages in the woods?" The queen asked.

"Yes, Your Highness, but those villages are only inhabited by nobodies, in fact it was reported that the residents within the woods are just bandits and criminals, so it will in fact benefit the kingdom if they too are lost." Commander Choi explained.

"Wha-" Before the queen unleashed her anger another voice stepped in.

"Commander Choi, have you been to those villages which you said were filled with bandits and criminals?" Suddenly, footsteps were heard by both the queen and the commander. As both turn their heads to the entrance to seek the origin of the voice, the queen's anger was extinguished while the commander felt his body shaking.

"Ge-general Choi? What brings you here, I was j-just reporting to the Q-queen about-"

"Save it, Choi. Answer my question." The General replied as she walked gracefully near the queen's throne while donning her death stare which she's known for.

Commander Choi wishes for the ground to eat him up instead of being at the receiving end of Commander's cold gaze. "N-No I haven't, General Lia." He replied as he bowed when the general walked past him as she went to greet the queen.