Not a Rose

A/N: Based from the Letters to Midzy posted on August 17, 2020.

"Hwang Yeji"

The sound of her name leaving PD-nim's lips brought a large smile to her own.

Finally, her hard work will start to get results.

"UNNIE! I'm so ecstatic to debut with you! You worked so hard for this!"

Yeji could only smile back as the short-haired girl's words triggered memories.

"Yeji-ssi, our dance practice happens in the afternoon. I know that Jeonju is far-"

The cat-eyed girl was quick to cut the staff from talking. Of course it will be hard. She was familiar with how hard it is to debut, but she can endure it, she always did, she's Hwang Yeji after all.

"No, I'll attend. I'll make sure to attend, I'm here for my dreams anyway.."

She ended with a big smile across her face.

But of course it was hard, even for Hwang Yeji, to endure it all. There are trainees that are better than her and more talented than her, How will she ever debut?

Her thoughts were interrupted by a certain someone hugging her from behind.

She looked back and remembered having a convo with a fellow trainee the night before.

"Ryujin..ssi?"

"yes unnie, come on I'll show you around!"

The days got tougher. Traveling from Jeonju everyday is also adding to her exhaustion. No matter what she do, she can't seem to debut. If it weren't for Ryujin, Chaeryeong, and Yuna, her friends, well, more like her sisters, she would have given up but, She's still Hwang Yeji, she never gives up, and now that she took on a role of becoming a dependable unnie to the three, she can't just snap and leave them. So instead, she makes sure her friends see inspiration every time they look at her.

"Chaeryeong-ah I think this part will be better if it was done this way."

The oldest of the four suggested.

"Oh, I see unnie I think so too." Chaeryeong agreed and followed her unnie's suggestion.

"Unnie, if we are to debut, I really would like you to be a leader!" Yuna, the youngest teased.

"Aniyo, that won't happen" Yeji answered as she ruffles Yuna's hair.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And Yeji-ssi, you will be the leader in this debut group" Everyone expected this except the cat-eyed girl.

"Thank you for this opportunity" she stated as she bowed to the man before her and hesitantly smiled.

"I knew it unnie, Yeeeeey" her friends gathered to hug her and congratulate her.

Yeji could only smile, hoping that the thoughts which clouded her head the moment she found out she'll be a leader will disappear.

"Jisu-unnie why aren't you joining us?" Chaeryeong asked the lady behind them who were just silently watching everything and whose eyes never left their now leader.

"Lia-ya! Come here! I call on to you as your leader!" Yeji looked at her with a toothy smile as she teased her while the other three laughed along.

Lia hurriedly hugged Yeji, hugged her tight that made Yeji feel a sense of comfort which made the thoughts and pressure disappear, for a short while.