Choices and Regrets

"Good evening, Mrs. Hwang! It's been a while."

"Good evening to you too, Yuna-ya. Just about three years.. Anyway, I am here meeting with a friend, her name is —" She greeted back.

"Hold on, I think I saw your name on the list earlier... Hmmm. Here it is, a table for two for "Mrs. Hwang." Follow me."

Mrs. Hwang, huh? Lia thought as she followed Yuna to their table.

"It seems like your friend had already arrived Mrs. Hwa—"

"Thank you, Yuna." Lia replied and smiled politely at the waitress as she sat down.

"Long time, no see, Chaeryeong-ah." She stated as she directed her gaze at the woman across the table.

"I know unnie.." The younger replied with a small smile and proceeded to take sip from the wine at the glass in front her which she ordered while waiting for the older.

"How are you liking the service here so far? You know, apart from their friendly and attentive staff, they do have the best drinks, at least for Yeji and I since we often go here during our date nights." Lia shared very fondly. "Our date nights, of course, where we always end our days sharing a passionate evening... you know what I mean." Lia then smirked.

The last line prompted Chaeryeong to place her glass down and let out a sigh. "Is this the reason why you asked me to make a reservation here? To try and make me insecure about your relationship with Yeji?"

Yeji? "Wow, she already let you drop the unnie, huh? Things must be getting serious between you two." Lia scoffed.

Chaeryeong fought back her desire to roll her eyes as she fiddled with a metal band in her left hand.

Suddenly, she was startled by a sound of a clap coming from Lia. "Okay, let's make this simple. We both know that Yeji was very happy being with me, and I want her back. Please be a dear and help me get the two of us back together. You've seen the spark between the two of us since college didn't you?" She argued which made Chaeryeong mad.

"Yeah, I was among the people who really thought that you two were made for each other but as much as I witnessed the spark over the years, I was also there when it had been extinguished — by you. You had your chance unnie, you chose to leave her." Chaeryeong replied, gazing sharply at the older.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
"Lia-ya, come on, open the door. Let's talk about this please. I forgive you okay? Just don't leave me like this."

Yeji stated as she continuously bangs the door, hoping for a chance for the door to be opened. She doesn't care if she's soaking wet from the rain.

"Yeji, come on, I-I can't do this. I-I'm getting confused with my feelings with Ryujin. I wouldn't want to be unfair to you by continuing this relationship."  Lia answered from the other side.

"You can choose to stay with me, Lia-ya. You can choose me." Yeji continued to beg as she now rested her head against the door.

Lia thinks of the moments she shared with her co-worker. Having lunch together, watching sunset together, having fun attending baking classes together....

" B-but I can't lose Ryujin...I don't want her out of my life." Lia blurted out, and Yeji swore she felt like daggers stabbed her heart.

"S-so, losing me is a better option." Lia knew it was not a question but a confirmation for Yeji. This was Yeji's last words as she used up all the strength she has left and finally moved away from Lia's door and out of her life.