Happy New Year!

A/N: With references from that one Yejisu moment when Lia assured Yeji that she will not be alone in the dorm because she was also on her way there.

Looking at her watch, she saw that it was already around midnight. With a deep sigh, the blonde twisted the door knob and entered the apartment. As it was already late, she walked casually to her bedroom, mindlessly fiddling with her keys which sound rang across the room, expecting all her members to be sleeping soundly already. However, as she made her way to the door, she caught a glimpse of their dining area, where a single light illuminated the luscious chestnut-brown locks belonging to the woman who appeared to be sitting alone in silence. 

"Y-Yeji? Why are you still up?" The blonde called out.

"Oh, Lia-ya. You're here. I couldn't sleep so I decided to just wait for you. Hold on, let me get you a glass of water." Yeji did not wait for Lia's response and immediately stood up, leaving Lia no choice but to sit and wait for their leader.

"So... How was the meeting? Will you be alright for our next promotions?" Yeji immediately asked the moment she set the glass of water in front of the younger. Worry and genuine concern plastered on her face.

"Y-yeah. I-I think I'll be fine for the next promotions. I'll just find time to rest and relax during the holidays." Lia replied while forcing a smile she hoped her leader will not notice.

Yeji frowned upon hearing this which made Lia more nervous. "But we'll barely have enough time to rest during the holidays... Are you really sure that you'll be fine?" Yeji asked again while maintaining an eye-contact with the younger.

"Y-yeah." Lia answered as she fiddled with her fingers on the table averted her gaze to the window.

"Love." Yeji called out to her girlfriend. "You know you don't have to lie to me right?" She said as she caressed Lia's hands on the table.

Lia knows that sooner or later, she would have to inform her members about the hiatus she and the management decided during their meetings. She also knows that she should not worry about telling their leader, her girlfriend, about this matter yet she can't. If I'm going on a hiatus, who's going to look after you, Yeji-ah?  She does not want Yeji to think that she will be left alone. 

Despite their opposite personalities, Yeji and Lia since their trainee years have found a way to create a beautiful friendship that soon budded into a loving relationship. Without words needed, Yeji knew when Lia is feeling restless and nervous just as Lia always catches with a glance when Yeji is troubled with self-doubts. However, while Lia can always find comfort with any of her members, Yeji, maybe because of her position as a leader, has the tendency to keep her problems to herself sometimes even from her girlfriend.

"Uhm, I--" Lia miscalculated how much her girlfriend knew her.

"You know that I'd hate it if you put our group or me before your own health right? It's okay for you to take all the time that you need. All of us will be here welcoming you back when you get better." Yeji stated while looking down at their hands on the table. 

"H-how did you--"

"Baby, don't worry, you won't be alone." Yeji said with a genuine smile.

And then it hit her, maybe all along, it was the fact that leaving for a hiatus means Yeji won't be with her as much as it meant that she will not be there for Yeji that made this situation a hard pill to swallow for Lia. 

"Do you remember when it was you who said that to me? It may be a silly or cute moment for you and the midzys, but it meant so much to me." Yeji continued.

Lia is now chuckling while tears are running down her face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lia is currently on her ride back to their dorms as she left to buy dinner after coming back early from their individual vacations. She really did not know why she lied to her father about leaving for the dorms early, all she knows is that when she heard that their leader had also just come home from her hometown in Jeonju, she knew she had made the right decision. 

On the other hand, seeing the empty dorm was definitely not a new sight for the cat-eyed leader as she was more than used to watching her members go home to their families during their holidays while she remained at the dorms. As she dragged herself to the couch in the living room, she once again finds herself overthinking about her skills, performance, and leadership. Feeling herself nearly breaking down into tears, she messages their group chat to distract herself. "Oh is nobody in the dorm today?"  Not a second later, she someone replied which immediately brought a smile to her face. 

Lia's message:

"Me."

"I'm on my way to the dorm."

"Don't worry."

"Baby"

"You're not alone."

It may be a joke then, but Yeji knew Lia has always stayed by her side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"3...2...1.. Happy New Year!!" While all of her family members proceeded to greet each other, she found herself slipping from the party to her bedroom as she watched the fireworks from her balcony. She starts to recall the times she spent the New Year with her members, hugging each other as they twirl around on-stage, showering each other with gratitude for the year that had passed and looking forward for the year to come. After sometime she finally went inside to check her phone for messages as she lied on her bed.

"Jisu-unnie, Happy New Year to you and your family!!! - Ryujin"

"Happy New Year Unnieeeee! Alsoo Woooh, did I do a great job covering your lines on Bet on me? It was reaally hard! - Yuna"

" I agree with Yuna, we all miss your voice and smiles in our performances. Hope you're doing well, unnieee. Happy New Yeaaar!! - Chaeryeong"

A sudden bark disrupted her from reading the messages in their group chat failing to notice the person that the dog came with as she was facing away from the door when the dog approached her.

"Hello Bella, Happy New Year to you too!!" Lia said as she pet her dog fondly. "Hold on, who let you in my room?" Before Lia can even turn her head to the door, a familiar chuckle was heard by her.

"Y-yeji?" Lia turned to see her girlfriend, now donning a bright-orange hair who was still wearing her outfit from the special stage she just finished a few hours earlier. 

"Happy New Year, Love!" Yeji, even with clear exhaustion, flashed her brightest smile as she jumped on her girlfriend's arms forcing them to lie on the bed due to the impact from the hug.

"You came here straight from mbc gayo daejejeon?" Lia asked while she adjusted so she could bury her face on the chest of the older. Yeji hummed in return.

"I'm really grateful for my family, but somehow I still felt lonely without you on New Year." Lia stated as she faced Yeji.

"Aw, baby, don't worry, I am here now. You are not alone." Yeji said. "Also, I'm doing this for me as much as it is for you, you know. You have no idea how much I've missed you." She continued.

Lia truly understands now that she can take all the time that she needs to get better, because Yeji will always be there, ready to shower her with all the love that she deserves. 

A/N: We love you, Lia! 

Also stream Itzy's new album, Born To Be!!!!