Hope

I swear if someone would try to mug me or hurt me right now, I wouldn't dare to resist or fight. I'm too tired. She thought while carelessly walking, dragging her feet against the pavement and wearing out her shoes further as she tries to ignore her  disgust about her sweated and bloodied scrubs.

Walking very cautiously in the dark streets after a 24hr duty at the hospital is not how Lia pictured her journey to being a successful medical doctor, yet here she is, praying that no dangerous people are lurking nearby not really because she's scared but because she's already exhausted and fatigue clouding her desire to continue this career. 

--------------------------------------

Finally, the last of the final exams are over!!! I could finally breathe and hope for the best. Yeji beamed as she excitedly exited her university.

Hwang Yeji came from a family of achievers. Her parents and older sister had not only excelled in their education but also continuously performs well in their respective professional careers. She herself, has been consistently one of the Top students in every school she studied under. Nearing her graduation at Hankuk University Law School, Yeji decides to finally let loose.

------------------------------------------------

While Lia was walking to the Bus stop, she sees a silhouette of a person sitting on the bench. As she got closer, she was able to see the person better --- wearing formal clothes, the person appears to be a woman her age, who passed out while waiting for the bus as she saw the woman's hand gripping onto the bus card. She was also able to glance over the name plate the woman was wearing. So Yeji is her name..

On her way to sit on the other end of the bench, she spotted the bus approaching their way which created a dilemma for Lia.

Should I wake her up? It won't be good for her to sleep here--- but she's a stranger? For all I know she's just pretending to be asleep waiting for the right time to mug me or something. Damn it!

"E-excuse me, miss? Y-Yeji-ssi? The bus is approaching now. You might miss it. Miss?" The woman did not budge. What the hell?  Lia then scrunched her nose at the stench of alcohol coming from the woman. Oh, she got wasted. Planning to leave her alone, she got up but then saw a dash of crimson on the sleeves of the woman.

Aishh. Curse the oaths and moral duties that were taught to us. 

Begrudgingly, Lia lifted the stranger's arm and inspected the wound which appeared to have been a big cut on her forearm. It appears superficial yet there are parts of the cut which continued to bleed. Upon this observation, Lia takes out a medical kit from her bag which she always carried and proceeded to clean the wound. Sitting closer beside the woman, Lia could see clearly the face of the woman as it illuminated by the headlights from passing vehicles. 

Lia immediately concludes that the woman before her is not a real person.

There's just no way a person could look so beautiful passed out drunk. 

At this point she had forgotten how eager she was to go home. 

Tending to the wound, Lia started wondering what may have lead this lady to be wasted, let alone be wounded.

Is she okay? -- Who would hurt someone as gorgeous as you?  Before she could even scold herself for saying that to a stranger, she suddenly heard a small chuckle followed by a voice.

"I did." Lia was confused as her eyes met with the piercing cat eyes of the other. 

"W-what?" She asked.