Chapter 5: Two lies and one truth

ANNTONIA's POV

She rolled her eyes, groaning out loud and slamming her book shut when she read Michelle's message

This was the third time this week alone, not to count the other four times last week. At this point, she wasn't even going to fight her on this anymore. The sooner she get this over with, the sooner she could get back to her study time. Besides, she had plans tonight and she definitely didn't want the girl interfering with those.

 Besides, she had plans tonight and she definitely didn't want the girl interfering with those

As soon as she sent her reply, she's already halfway out of the door.

She rolled her eyes again as if Michelle could see her doing it.

So she wasn't the brunch kind of person huh? What an absolute shock.

But she was getting tired of this little charade of theirs in which she had to save her ass when the girls she picked to date turned up to be too much of a complication for her. But if she had to be completely honest to herself, she had to admit it was fun at times. She disapproved of how Michelle was treating those girls, like they were some disposable pair of socks, but she considered herself their savior. Because she saved them from an awkward morning after and from weeks of waiting for a phone call that would never come.

This was silly. She thought.

She didn't know what the girl was so scared of when she did brunch with her and Freen every weekend and she'd never seemed particularly scared of it. But then again, this was why she was slowly starting to feel safe in their friendship. The fact that Michelle could do brunch with her meant she wasn't taking her seriously. At least not in the way that mattered. That indifference of her towards her was what kept her safe. Or so, that's what she liked to think.

Wrapped in thought, she made it to the café whose address Michelle had texted earlier. And before walking in, she took half a second to run the scenario of the act she was gonna pull off this time. Just because she disagreed with the girl's methods didn't mean she couldn't enjoy the process. Besides, she made sure that the process involved punishment for said methods.

Smirking to herself, she walked inside. It didn't take her long to spot her friend and was instantly drawn to her misery like a bee to the honey. Right next to her was sitting a girl that she had come to recognize as her exact type. Long hair, long legs, a tank top that was anything but modest, a whole lot layers of make-up. For a second, she wondered what the hell it was with men and gay women like about that. But it dawned on her that this kind of people were easy prey, easy to get into bed and easy to leave in the morning. It didn't excuse the behavior, but it explained it. People like Michelle never really went for girls like herself, she thought. Feisty and opinionated. Not even the girl, who was the very definition of a dirty womanizer, had dared venture so far and honestly, she didn't mind. Intimidating unworthy people for a living was her favorite way to pass the time.