Chapter 13: The D word

MICHELLE's POV

She looked sideways at the most beautiful girl in the passenger seat of her car. Her hair ruffled by the wind as she sped down the highway with the windows rolled down. She had that dreamy look in her eyes and a smile on her face that could write the most sapphic love story and make her stop breathing for a while.

Anntonia was busy snapping photos and she just couldn't keep herself from smiling time to time. She hadn't agreed with the girl's whole speech about appreciating their relationship while it lasted and capturing memories, but she had to admit, this was a good one. She wished she could've captured this very moment just the way she saw it but there's no camera or anything could best preserve this moment rather than her heart and mind. If this ever everything ended, she wanted this to be playing on repeat in the back of her head forever, in a loop, and she would've never gotten tired of it.

"Hey," the girl slapped her shoulder lightly. "Eyes on the road, lover! I wanna see my dad again before I die."

"It's not my fault the co-pilot is distracting." She reasoned with a flirty smile.

Anntonia looked down at herself. She was wearing worn-off sandals paired with black shorts and a baggy band T-shirt. Her hair was a mess with strands flying out of her messy ponytail. She looked back at her with her eyebrows raised, but she just shrugged. She was way over long skinny legs and mini skirts in a heels kind of girl. These days she was into a specific brown eyed girl with baggy shirts and worn off sandals.

"Relax," she told her as her right hand from the steering landed on the girl's leg. She slightly squeezed them. "You'll see your Dad again without dying. I'm actually looking forward to meeting him again now that we're actually dating."

A dramatic gasp suddenly escaped the girl's mouth and her brows furrowed in confusion.

"What?"

"You said the D word!"

That made her roll her eyes and laughed heartily after a while. She realized it too.

"Calm down, Brownie. I'm sure you were thinking I wouldn't consider it, but I can't exactly say it like 'sleeping with your daughter who's also my friend with no labels'."

"Oh my God, you're down bad, Love!" Anntonia then laughed incredulously, joining her.

She could only shake her head, still laughing heartily because she couldn't believe her luck. It had been two months since they'd starting dating without saying the D word because they thought calling it dating had been the tiniest compromise they'd gotten to while still avoiding labels and, she had to admit, it was going great for them.

Today is Michelle's mother's birthday and they were going to see her family as they'd promised her a visit. Back when they were buried in layers of denial, they received a lot of requests from her mom to come and introduced Anntonia to her because she didn't buy the we're friends bullshit whenever she comes in her apartment and see the girl there. She knew her Mom would raise suspicions because she never took anyone other than Rhian and Max in her personal place.

These past three months had been absolutely amazing between them and they agreed to grace the beauty queen's request of coming home to their beach house in Batangas every weekend as possible and bond Anntonia with her family.

They were still a bit in the honeymoon phase, but she really intend to enjoy every moments with the girl while it lasted. They always laughing, giggling like teenagers, they still had movie nights, they were still friends who knew each other like the back of their hands, except they were now making love before any romantic movie ends. Which had turned out to be a great improvement. At some point, nothing much had changed, but at the same time everything changed. Now, she could look at Anntonia without bothering to hide that she was so crazy about her and worrying she might have scared her off. What could she say? She never been happier.