Chapter 7: The only thing you wanted

MICHELLE's POV

She was in her car for ten minutes before going inside Max's house. Her best friend is hosting a pre-Christmas party with her fellow cheerleaders and she and Rhian are invited. She used to love parties. They usually felt like her natural habitat, where it was the easiest for her to pick up drunk chicks in the shortest amount of time and have her fun for the night. However, tonight she wasn't in the mood at all and she knew exactly why.

It's been so long she managed to to avoid it. Until last week. She had been friends with Anntonia without making it weird and all but it had taken only one weak moment in that pool for things to turn instantly awkward. Though she didn't know if the girl felt it, too, but it was enough that she'd felt it and now she had trouble facing her again. At least not without her realizing something was wrong and that their already fragile friendship was on thin ice.

In the past few days, she had been trying to avoid Anntonia. Coming up with random excuses like she's busy with school works, or family stuffs. But then, thanks to Max that she have no way of avoiding her tonight because she learned that Anntonia and Freen will be coming too under the invitation of Freen's girlfriend Becky who is part of the cheerleading team.
She wanted to ditch this party with all her might but she's sure Rhian and Max will surely kill her if she does.

Screw this! She said, pissed with herself.

Angrily, she stepped out of her car and slammed the door, heading inside. Maybe this is why she needed it more than ever because there was gonna be a lot of booze and plenty of hook-up options for her with some random cheerleaders. All she needed tonight was someone to wash of the scent of Anntonia from her brain, seeing as it wasn't even supposed to be there in the first place.

Yeah. One hook-up and this would be forgotten. She assured herself.

That night on the pool, with Anntonia's fingers on her tattoo, the cold air swallowing them, her body in her arms, her scent intoxicating her whole being. She really had it bad. Now, she really needed a distraction.

As she walked inside, being instantly welcomed with loud music, some soccer players making out with other cheerleaders in some corners, and a sexy, booty girl named Samantha Panlilio greeted her from under short skirts.

Perfect. Just what I needed.

She was about to walk into the girl when...

"Michelle Dee..."

She froze at the sound of a very familiar voice. This, however, was not what she needed. It was just what she'd been hoping to avoid.

She closed her eyes, counted to three before turning around to face the owner of the voice, and tried so hard to make the same devil-may-care grin plastered across her face.

"Brownie... you're here. You having fun?" She asked when she noticed the girl was already holding a glass of drink.

"Oh, yeah," the girl laughed, she looked tipsy, her eyes already a bit unfocused, telling her that she'd already started drinking. "Grab a drink Deedee! I'm overdue for a wild night." She downed her drink and let out a howl and before she could reply, she had already turned around, scanning the crowd.

"Come on, Michelle Dee! Feast with the sexy ladies here. Go mingle." Anntonia said with a hint of sarcasm and didn't even wait for her to respond or to follow and she lost her in the crowd.

She didn't bother following anyway. The sole purpose of tonight was to put some distance between the two of them and to close the distance between her and some other girl's face until the memory of Anntonia so close to her of that specific night still burned too bright in her memory for her liking. She thought , she really needed a rebound.