Chapter 15: When will she ever?

ANNTONIA's POV

She opened her room door and there she was.

But of course, she knew Michelle will be. She heard her pound on her door for hours and hours and even heard Freen yell at her in anger and she'd heard her slur drunken words at her friend. She heard her slump down outside her door many time, so she had to put her pillow over her head to stop herself from hearing things she didn't want to hear.

Like her damn explanations. Part of her mind said.

She didn't want Michelle to explain why she hanged up on her and left her all alone. And for all of the days, she chose her birthday. And also, the reason why she didn't want the girl to explain was because she knew she could be stupid because she was in love with her and she knew she was gonna believe her. Or worse, forgive her. But she didn't want to forgive Michelle, not yet. Not this soon. So she held on to that rage for a little longer before going out to face her, remembering the feeling of being abandoned so that she could slap her with it. Just in case.

The day was almost over and even trying not to, she still heard her outside. She heard her stay. Or rather, she heard her not going away. She could practically feel Michelle's presence on the other side of door as though every breath she took resonated through the walls of her room and made her quiver like an earthquake. She knew she was still out there and there was no point in dragging this out.

Soon enough, the rage was gone and she was left with bitter resentment and the ugly face of disappointment. Out of all the negative emotions and dark feelings other people can put you through, she'd often thought disappointment to be the worst. Because such a great fall involves a great height beforehand.

She sighed deeply.

"Go home, Michelle." she told her in a weak and sad voice, crossing her arms over her chest, exhausted and drained of the very life in her.

The girl immediately shot up to her feet, her mouth and eyes wide open as she stumbled on her way up.

She immediately stepped back, her face scrunched in disgust at the girl.

"And you look very much still drunk. Disgusting."

She watched Michelle braced one hand against the chair for balance and had the audacity to smile at her. She couldn't help but felt the rage come back, but in a different shade. If her anger was usually bright red in her peripheral vision, this one this time had strings of black bleeding through it.

"I-I'm... I'm not d-drunk, Love." She denied, though her unfocused gaze told a whole different story. "I-I'm just d-dizzy." She even reasoned between stuttering. "Look, I'm fine. I just want to talk to you about last night."

"We'll talk. But not now. We'll take when you're sober and able to stand properly and when I'm not thinking of killing you in 20 different ways." She said in a hard voice. Still keeping her hard front with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Love—" Michelle tried to reach her but she backed away again. She heard her took a deep breath after then, trying to launch into a speech, but she held a hand up to stop her from saying whatever it is.

"You're not sober, Michelle Dee. You look like shit and I cannot even look at you! I'm so tired right now and so pissed so please, go home and leave me alone!"

She tried to walked past the girl, but she was quick to catch her wrist and held her in place, and she found she just no longer had it in her to keep walking away. With just simple touch from her, every inches of her nerves calm down and she could help but close her eyes. Stopping herself from giving in. She hate that Michelle knew how to make her weak.