Chapter 8

- Hi everyone! I was able to sneak in a cheeky chapter before my exams finish! -

{ DISCLAIMER: Some race results have been changed for the sake of the story ! }

[POV: Andreanna Saunterre]

...This is unbelievable.

I stared up at the giant screen above me, my head tilted to the side, lips curled as I inspected the individual on it.

It has to be Xanax. It has to be!

I shook my head, unable to believe that he was so calm after just having forfeited the race for the second time. Oscar Piastri, what drugs are you on? I asked myself, focusing on his eyes for textbook signs of drug usage. Dilated pupils? No. Blurry vision? Well, I can't answer that one. Redness? Yes! Ha! I clapped my hands together before I thought, oh, wait... you've just raced for an hour and a half...

Looking back, I suppose it was quite unfair that my mind immediately went to something being the matter with him simply for being so calm and collected. Maybe that's just the way he was; Which is quite a refreshing thought, especially since I  on the other hand tended to act more irrationally. If it was me up on the big screen, having just forfeited a race of mine, I'm not sure I'd be quite so composed. Fair play, I thought.

I sighed, patting my hands against my hips and smacking my lips together, the only thought in my head being one of what should I do now? since the race was what I'd been waiting for all week and now it was all over. I suppose there's going to be a party... I scratched my head. But my new bike's sitting in the garage all alone. It must be cold. Maybe I should—

I turned towards the Ferrari garage, which was instantly a mistake. Coming towards me, hand in hand with his girlfriend, was Charles Leclerc.

Change of plan. My eyes widened before I bit my lip and shut them tightly, turning. Run and don't look back.

But, before I could run and never look back, I was forced to look back. The sound of his voice carried over from the distance between us and came towards me, so loud that I had no choice but to stop in my tracks. I had been caught. I clenched my fists, silently beating myself up for messing up my ongoing plan of not facing him.

When I turned, he was already right in front of me.

"Hello, Charles." I said plainly, a thinned-lip smile accompanying my bored tone.

"Andi, what the hell? I feel like I haven't seen or spoken to you in forever!" He stated, using his one free hand (his other hand was being held onto by her) to gesture wildly. I assumed he wasn't happy, since it really had been a long time since I'd contacted him either physically or through the phone, and due to the fact that he didn't look happy. That would've been the obvious thing to look for.

I decided to play it off, though. I wasn't about to argue with him, which I'm sure he didn't want to happen either. I didn't want to make him feel bad. I didn't want him to know that I wasn't talking to him out of hurt. So, I pretended to clutch my forehead in pain, wincing slightly before explaining my rugged countenance. "I'm so sorry! Ah-" I rubbed my forehead once again. "Ever since I got here I've come down with the most awful migraines! I tried to contact you, but whenever I looked at a bright screen, my head hurt too much!"

He paused for a moment. His girlfriend wasn't paying too close attention to our conversation, which was polite I suppose. Charles then looked around, fixating on the very thing I was staring at for the past few minutes. Ah, crap. I bit my tongue. A bright screen. A big one too. I silently prayed he was just distracted.