Chapter 21

[POV: Andreanna Saunterre]

The next week of my life was a never-ending questionnaire. Every morning and every evening, me and Oscar would meet at various locations to interview each other.

The beginning started off slow. After an argument over text that took up the length of an entire morning over where we should meet up, we decided that it would be best to split it fifty-fifty. I was to decide where we'd meet in the mornings, and Oscar would decide in the evenings. As a massive breakfast fan, I was thrilled.

The first place I chose was none other than the hotel's breakfast bar, that had been advertised online to have an "all new, all fresh" menu. A tropical-looking fruit bowl was what caught my eye, and I'd began eating it before Oscar had even arrived. And when he did, he looked... well...

'Not a morning person. Got it.' I noted mentally.

"Well." I said, once he'd ordered and settled. "We'll start with the easy stuff. Name?"

Oscar laughed, taking the first bite of his breakfast. I didn't laugh, obviously, because I wasn't joking. Soon enough, he grounded himself and asked:

"You're kidding?"

"No." I stated blankly. "Full legal name. Go."

He straightened his back. "Oscar..." He paused, shifting in his seat. Is this a hard question? I thought, before finding out why he was so hesitant. "Jack Piastri" He said, emphasising his middle name as if he was embarrassed by it.

"Jack?" I leaned my head forward. "You've got a first name as both your first and middle name?" I tried not to laugh. It wasn't that his name was what was funny, it was more his clear hatred for it. Which, frankly, made me want to mock even more.

Then, he got defensive. "You literally have a boys name, Andi." He mumbled, turning away from me and taking a sip of his drink. I didn't know what he'd ordered - it looked like tea to me - but I didn't ask. I held in my snicker as he mocked me; I probably would've gone off on one about him calling my name a boy's name. But his middle name is Jack. So.

I stabbed my fork into a few blueberries and defended myself. "For starters," I said, "that's not my actual name, and—"

"It's not?"

I looked up from my fruit bowl; he was genuinely confused.

"No!" I said in disbelief, although it was a common occurrence. I mean, I introduce myself as Andi to everyone nowadays, and rarely let it be known that that isn't my name. "It's Andreanna." I said, taking another bite.

"Andreanna?"

"Andreanna Eline Saunterre." I nodded as I spoke, following the rhythm of each of my names, all whilst enjoying my fruit.

He didn't say anything for a bit, and I didn't bother looking. The fruit was really good.

"It's a long one, I know. Thats why everyone just calls me Andi. Even my dad, except for when he wants to have a serious conversation with me." I rambled on, mouth full. "You know," I chuckled as I remembered, "I used to get so touchy about people calling me Andreanna. Until I was about, I'd say like, ten years old, I used to insist that everyone call me Andreanna. No exceptions."

He didn't say anything again, so I faced him. He held a raised eyebrow, a quizzical expression plastered across his face. "Andreanna, Eline, Saunterre?" He repeated.

"Yes...? Why's that so—"

He - without warning - slumped his shoulders and sighed a huge sigh. "Your name's so much better than mine. Mine's so..." he looked defeated, "harsh."