Chapter 13

[POV: Andreanna Saunterre]

I slammed the car door shut.

"How many times, Lando?! How many times!!" I yelled at the culprit as he ran further and further away from me. "Feet! Off! The! Dash! That's the last time you sit shotgun!!"

"Shotgun is shotgun! Sod off, Miss Shouty-Saunterre!" He turned to yell before running even quicker towards the venue.

Little shit. I thought, wishing I had worn running shoes.

Then, I heard a squeak.

"Did you just... laugh?" I asked the boy next to me, who had his hand covering his mouth in exactly the way someone who was laughing would.

"No..." Oscar said, side-eyeing the pathway Lando had taken as if he too were about to leg it. He could've, for sure. My shoes were not made for running, even if it was to cave Lando's face in.

I looked back at my car, parked square in the centre of it's parking spot. I don't mean to brag, but I'm the best at parking. Self-taught, perfected by yours truly, and totally and completely—

"Why did you park here?" He spoke, shocking me, since I'd expected him to have fled by now.

I recalled his question, confused. "What do you mean, here? It's a parking spot. I parked... In a parking spot...?" Pointing at said parking spot, I raised a brow at him, questioning if he'd been faking the whole Formula-One-Driver thing.

"Yeah," he said, "but..." He looked around, taking in the entirety of the car park. What he saw was practically a wasteland. On one end of the car park, near the entrance of the bar we were going to, were the vast majority of the cars. Then, there was mine. In the single farthest spot away from everyone else. At the opposite end of the car park.

I looked at Oscar, then back at my car.

"I'm... doing cardio." I said, raising my chin and walking away, stiffly. He laughed, I let it slide.

For a good three-to-five minutes, the two of us were silent. I bit my cheek, dragging my feet along the pathway that surrounded the car park, that definitely looked a lot shorter than it felt.

Tell him. I thought, then shook my head.
I'll have to tell him at some point, so why not now?! I asked myself, only for myself to answer. Because you haven't even gotten passed phase 1 yet! He'll freak out! I shook my head again. If Oscar was looking, he probably would freak, and it would be because I was acting like one.

"You know, even though I live here, I think I've only come here once." He spoke, thank god. A sigh escaped me; I felt lighter.

"Really? Why? It seems nice to me." I said, looking over my shoulder at the view of the Port that the bar overlooked.

He did the same. "Not sure." He shrugged. "Probably because I know if I do come here, I'll definitely see someone I know."

I get that. I thought, nodding once as I recalled the many times I've walked into a bar and seen the one person I didn't want to.

"And anyway," he continued, "Whenever I'm here, I'm usually always at—"

"The track, yeah." I butted in, letting out a small chuckle, looking at the floor.

"Yeah." He laughed too.

Then, he stopped walking. I wondered why, before I looked up and realised we were at the entrance to the bar.

Already?

I looked back, about to ask why he wasn't going in as I watched him hold up one pair of crossed fingers. I scrunched my brows and tilted my head. He began to walk in before me, whispering: "Please don't let me see anyone I know," loud enough for me to hear, which I'm sure is what he wanted.