Chapter 20

[POV: Narrator]

"Alright." Andi said, hands on hips in front of the bathroom mirror.

"Towel?" She flung her ready-folded, fuzzy blue and yellow striped towel over her shoulder. "Check."

"Flip-flops?" She looked down, stepping forwards into the bright pink flip-flops she'd set out moments prior. "Check."

"Beach bag?" She yanked the bohemian-style shoulder bag from the bathroom's door hook and flung it onto her free shoulder. Despite calling it a beach bag, she rarely ever took it to an actual beach. "Check."

"Snacks?" She grabbed the items one by one; Putting the chocolate-chip cookies, the ready-salted crackers and the tropical flavoured jelly beans into her 'beach bag' "Check."

"Goggles?" Was her final item on the checklist. She snatched them from the counter, stretching the blue bands and pulling them over her head. Adjusting them, she placed them over her eyes and once again placed her hands on her hips. "Check."

She gave herself a once-over, double checking everything mentally. She knew her idea to bring along her go-to black bathing suit everywhere would prove to be a fantastically-brilliant one, as well as her even better idea to bring the goggles.

"'Complementary morning swim in our hotel's new-and-improved indoor heated pool', here I come." Andi stated dramatically, whipping the bathroom door open and heading for her hotel room's door.

Without missing a beat, she flung the door open, goggles equipped.

This is when her fantastically-brilliant idea didn't seem so fantastically-brilliant.

Stood, inches away from her with an arm frozen and raised in a door-knocking position, was Oscar Piastri. He'd just landed in Baku that morning and had decided to visit Andi (since she was the entire reason he was there) but had anticipated a much more... normal greeting.

Well, in actuality, he hadn't really thought about what would happen once he'd gotten to Baku at all. But, whatever he would've expected definitely was not anywhere close to this.

Andi flinched at the sight of him - which was rather blue, thanks to her goggles' tint - and jumped backwards, gasping, struggling to breathe from shock. Her fuzzy towel subsequently fell from her shoulder, which she immediately grabbed back up again and wrapped around herself, painfully aware of her state.

"What the fuck?!?!" She yelled instinctively, before remembering the hotel's 'quiet in the hallways' policy. She then repeated herself, in a very aggressive yet quieter manner: "What the fuck?!?!"

Oscar, who was still trying to take in what he was seeing, stood stationary out in the hallway, hand still raised.

Andi then clocked that the blue hue she was seeing was not natural, and ripped her goggles from her head. "Oscar." She whisper-yelled through gritted teeth, clutching her towel and holding back the instinct she currently had to take her beach bag from her shoulder and pray that the contents of it were enough to injure a man when she whacked him with it. "Why. The fuck. Are you here."

For a girl who believed she was finally getting a break from everything, who believed for an entire 12 hours she was going to have a peaceful three weeks to herself and who was mere minutes away from enjoying the luxury of a 'Complementary morning swim in our hotel's new-and-improved indoor heated pool', her reaction was very toned down.

But, Oscar wasn't aware of that.

So, when his reply of "Ummm." didn't suffice, he was surprised and slightly offended to be told to 'piss off downstairs and wait at reception'.