ICSY 03: Reincarnation, No. Cursed, Yes.

[Four Years Ago]

Larissa is watching the cars of different families from the window of her office. Today, she's expecting new blood of outcasts to enroll in the beloved school of outcasts, Nevermore. There's something about watching teens having different reactions towards the school that Larissa enjoyed seeing. It reminded her of her days back when she first went to a school of outcasts. It wasn't Nevermore, no. Larissa only joined Nevermore in her sophomore year.

There was knock on her door that made her back into reality. She walked towards the door and put on her usual smile she always put on whenever she faced strangers. As she opened the door, she saw a family of three. She greeted them the same way she greeted the other families she met the past hours. It was already past lunch.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Weems. I am the mother of Enid Sinclair."

Larissa's gaze landed on the blonde girl who was standing in the middle of the three for the first time. A gasp fell on the tall woman's lips as she saw the girl in front of her. Her eyes turned glossy with a sense of longing.

The blonde girl was exactly the look of her late friend. The only difference was the girl was blonde now instead of black. But the blue eyes, there was no way Larissa would forget that. She was quick to convince herself that reincarnation exists at that very moment. And this girl was a manifestation of her late friend. The first friend she had when she stepped into Jericho.

"Enid Sinclair," Weems called softly.

"Please to meet you, Principal Weems. I'm so excited about the new experience here in Nevermore!" the blonde girl said excitedly. The father of the girl just stared at his daughter proudly. There was a sense of pride in his eyes as he watched his girl bounce into her place.

"Forgive her, she's just... full of energy." The mother apologetically said to the principal before turning her gaze to her daughter and giving her a knowing look. the girl stopped as she stuck closer to her father instead.

"It's fine. I'm delighted that you're just as ecstatic as the other new students of Nevermore." Weems said with a glint of amusement in her eyes as she met the blue ones of the girl.

"I've read Ms. Sinclair's profile. She came from a school of normies. With multiple awards and well, the most friendly award. It's rare for an outcast to get along with normies." Weems said but both women have different reactions. If Weems was amused, the mother had a different say on it. The girl smiled sheepishly at the principal as she met her mother's judging eyes once again.

"Yeah. Enid here is more like a normie. Which is what we're trying to get fix."

"And with that, you mean?" Weems asked.

"Unlike her brothers, she hasn't wolfed out yet. Most of her brothers had wolfed out by this age. We thought it would be best to put her in the school of outcasts. At least here she'll be surrounded by her kind" The mother said as she paused to look at her daughter. "Since wolf camp isn't helping her."

"That's not a problem, Mrs. Sinclair. I assure you that Enid would feel at home here. There's already a bunch of werewolves who enrolled here this morning. Enid would get along with them. And I'm sure Enid would wolf out as soon as she wants to."

After giving the new student her dorm room to settle, Weems was free to go back to her office. She wasn't even back in her seat when she heard another knock. She walked towards the door and saw two people standing behind it. The guy smiled, slipping the fangs that he was hiding behind his lips. Weems doesn't need to have a hard guess that the next student will be a vampire.

"Good afternoon, come in." Weems greeted, as she led the two vampires to her table. "I'm Larissa Weems, the principal of this school." She reached her hand to the couple and made a handshake.