ICSY 08: First Day, What Could Go Wrong?

"This is Kira Bolton. She's been here since 7th grade. She'll show you around Nevermore." Nohm introduced. Kira walked towards her roommate, giving a quick look before she looked at her parents who were standing next to the principal.

Kira's back in her dorm to welcome her new roommate. If she'll be honest, she doesn't know what to do. Should she give her cold shoulders? But that's just wrong, right? It's not her fault that she no longer has her solo room. She's not the kind of person who does stuff to welcome her roommate. Well to be fair, she never had a roommate.

"Kira Bolton, nice to meet you." Yeah, right. Kira reached her hand for a handshake on the parents first before facing her roommate. She may not like interacting but she's not rude.

"Sammy Heathers, Sam for short. it's nice to meet you too!"

Kira made a feeble smile as she looked at her roommate longer. Standing in front of her is a brunette who's taller than her. Brown round eyes, hair that goes above her shoulder, button nose. Kira would be the biggest liar if she said the girl wasn't beautiful.

"Kira, why don't you tour Ms. Heathers around the school? Do go to the registrar so she can get her timetables and uniform." Nohm suggested with his tight lip smile.

Kira wanted to roll her eyes in front but good thing she stopped herself. "Sure. Let's go, I'll show you around." Kira said, carrying her backpack again and walking out of the room. Sammy followed behind.

"So, I heard from the principal you're a human too." Sammy started. Now walking beside the ginger.

"Mmh. You too?" Kira nodded and asked.

"Yup. I'm actually glad my roommate's a human. Don't get me wrong, I like all the outcasts, well, good outcasts. But I'm kind of scared of werewolves." Kira's lips twitched as she looked at her roommate who was genuinely scared.

"Good. Werewolves are one of the main cliques here in Nevermore. Every full moon they can be loud. I suggest you get noise-cancelling headphones"

"Oh! Already got one."

Kira nodded and continued. "Nevermore was founded in 1791 to educate people like us. There are four halls here in Nevermore. Every hall has a guard, so if you plan to sneak into the other's hall, be alarmed." Kira added.

"Why would I do that? I literally just got here."

"Teens are dumb. They do what is not allowed. Just giving a heads up." Kira said as they proceeded to walk. Sammy had something else to say but she just shrugged it off when the ginger continued. "Do you like interacting?" Odd question. Sammy nodded excitedly and was about to speak but Kira walked fast. "Follow me then."

Not so long, they arrived at the loudest place of Nevermore. "This is the quad... well, it's a pentagon, but they called it that way. Feel free to call it what you want."

"Well, what do you call it then?"

"Unfortunately I go with the usual."

"So, quad. Got it." Sammy chimed.

Kira just nodded as they walked to the side, looking at the students who were staying there for their free time. It's still lunch and since the quad is connected to the cafeteria, the place is pretty bombed.

"Are you interested in knowing the other cliques?"

"Tell me about it!"

"Okay then. The four main cliques are Furs AKA werewolves." Kira said pointing at the bunch of boys who were playing around the place. "Then there's the Fangs AKA as vampires." Kira trailed. She pointed at the group of vampires who were having their daily blood bag.