ICSY 07: Change Of Plans

Kira has never appreciated her power as a human outcast. She used to think it was the least powerful weapon someone could have. During her early days, her family was known as the most powerful astral projectors. The ability to travel in an astral plane. A place between living and non. But this ability has its flaws. To travel in the astral plane, you must stake your soul. The chances of your soul not coming back to your own body are very high. And the possibility of evil entities claiming your body as their host is there. Which is why it's considered dangerous but barely lethal. Back then, it was either you'd die using your powers because of the said risks. Or you'll die because you refused to be the weapon of the strongest ones. Kira's kinds were considered as eyes of the plan work. They were the spies.

Kira's father always warned her to not use her power. Not because she came from a strong line of astral travelers but because her body is prone to evil entities. Once, they lost Kira as she attempted to travel without enough knowledge. All thanks to Kira's mother, who also knows someone who's in a line of witches, they managed to bring back Kira. After that, they also gave her the most powerful talisman. It will lock her body whenever Kira tries to travel in an astral plane and only her soul will be able to get in her own.

But after the traumatic happening, Kira's parents forbid her to use her power.

In Astral Traveling, your body is put in deep rest while your soul goes to the astral plane. You are free to see anything without being seen by the living ones. The only problem, you have to deal with menacing entities. Another downfall of Kira's power is whenever she wakes up, though her body is put to rest, she can still be tired. It's like being put in a long coma in easier words. And lastly, since astral traveling requires your subconscious, once waking up, the astral traveler may or may not forget details of what they have seen. It's like a person losing a grasp on the real world. Confusion towards the difference between the astral world and to real world may occur.

All of these are the reasons why Larissa wanted Kira to avoid overusing her power. But Kira being her, used it to help the soulmate that's bound to leave her in this lifetime just like the previous ones. Both Kira and Larissa never learn why the girl is so stubborn about keeping in touch with her soulmate in each lifetime she has. One thing is sure, someone else knows why.

[Flashback]

After passing out on Kira's bed. She felt her soul drifting in the air like a vapor. When she's tired, she can't really help but leave her body and drift into the astral plane. It's the only way that her soul knows to connect with the real world. You see, living for two hundred years and more, Kira had lost interest in the real world. the only thing that matters is her soulmate. At least that's how it used to be. And with that, her soul seeks the real world that's why even if she doesn't want to, her soul has its own mind to travel. It's almost like traveling the world. This is what it means when Kira knows how to interact with people but not physically.

And that moment, Kira's astral form mindlessly searches for what it wants. And that is to be with her soulmate. But what Kira didn't expect was to see Wednesday dashing to her dorm. Without even a question, Kira followed her to her dorm. There she saw with the disembodied hand that Wednesday always had with her, Thing. He began to sign and good thing Kira knew how to read signs and understand Morse codes. One of many things she learned for living for two hundred years.