Castiel- 5

You leaned against the counter of the small-town diner, simply eyeing the customers and waiting for a slice of pie. You had heard of some wanted men running through places like this. Places where nobody would know them.

Seeing as it was your job to arrest wanted criminals, you couldn't just sit by idly while others went out seeking adventures. Damn, you may be a desk worker for the FBI, but you still liked the thrill of chasing the bad guys, saving the day... Just like being one of the knights in the fairy tales you read as a child.

As you waited for your food, a group of men walked in, chatting quietly. One was tall and had fairly long hair. Another was a bit shorter and wore a leather coat. The last man was short, had close cropped black hair, and- wait, was that...

Yeah! That was Jimmy Novak! He was on the FBI Most Wanted list! He was a thief, and a murderer. This... This was your moment to shine! You messed with the handcuffs, making them lightly jangle, before taking them out and approaching the men. Expecting a fight, you quickly cuffed the short man and pinned him to the wall, much to the astonishment of the other guests.

"You're under arrest for the murders of three victims, grand theft auto, and theft. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can and will be used against you in court. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, the state will provide you with one." You recited the Miranda Rights as you tugged on the cuffs and lead the confused man outside. His two companions followed you, and you stared at them with the best intimidating face you could muster.

"If you two keep following me, I'll call in more officers." You stated as you pulled out your walkie-talkie. You spoke quietly into it as you brought the wanted man to the curb. "HQ, I have suspect A-10. Back-up requested."

The two men continued following you, asking copious amounts of questions. "Who the hell are you? Why're you taking Cas? I think you've got the wrong man." The blond one said.

You sighed tiredly and stared them down. "I will shoot you on the spot. You're interfering with an arrest, which mandates at least a month in the slammer. Just sit down, keep your mouth shut, or I will not hesitate to pull out my gun, no questions asked."

The two men stepped back a bit and gulped, not wanting to get on your bad side. They could already tell you were dead serious, and not really one to be messed with.

"Don't worry, Cas. We're gonna call up Garth, see if he can help. Just hang tight, man." The tall one said in a moosey voice.

You rolled your eyes and looked down the road to see an armored, tinted black car arriving at the diner. It pulled up in front of you and the door was opened by a man in a smart suit.

"[Y/N]? Aren't you a desk worker?" The man asked as he loaded the dark-haired man into the vehicle.

"Yeah..." You mumbled, rubbing the back of your neck nervously. "But I saw the opportunity, and I took it."

The agent sighed and shook his head, motioning for you to get in. You sat by Mr. Novak, making sure he didn't attempt to escape. With any luck, the DA would let you interrogate him.

ABOUT TWO HOURS LATER

You sat down in front of the man, who claimed his name was Castiel. Sure, that was believable. What next, he killed vampires for a living?

You looked around the dull gray walls. Up above was a yellow light that flickered and made worrying popping noises. You'd have to call maintenance about that.

"Okay, Mr. Novak, I'd like you to tell me the truth. Alright? That shouldn't be too hard." You said professionally, sipping your scalding coffee.

"The truth? I don't think you'd like the truth." Jimmy said. "And my name isn't 'Mr. Novak' or 'Jimmy' or 'James'. My name is Castiel, but I will permit you to call me Cas."

You rolled your eyes and scoffed. "I think I can handle the truth." You said dauntingly, watching Mr. Novak with determined eyes.

He shook his head and sighed. "I'm an angel of the lord. The men and women who I killed were demons. Nothing more than bunches of street rats. If anything, you should be thanking me for keeping those bastards away from you and your family."

You peered at him curiously. "So, Catseal..."

He cleared his throat. "My name is Castiel." He interrupted.

"So, Castiel..." You corrected yourself. "If you're an angel, prove it."

On the inside, you were having a field day. Was this guy for real? No, he had to be insane or something. Just another psychopathic murderer.

Castiel looked you straight in the eyes as the handcuffs melted off of him. Literally, melted. There, in front of you, was a pool of molten iron. Your eyes widened as he stood up and the lights flickered.

You looked around the room frantically as the lights went out, then turned back on, to show that Castiel was no longer there.

"Your boss is a demon." A voice behind you said. You nearly shrieked as you swiftly turned to reveal Cas. Behind him was the projection of a pair of wings. Broken, burned wings.

You were glued to the spot. This man, this crazy, crazy man.... He was either telling the truth or it was all part of an elaborate prank. Castiel held out one of his hands for you.

"Come, we can't let him get in here-" He started. He was interrupted by the door crashing down, and your boss, Dr. Hudson, stood, his eyes charcoal black.

"Don't. You. Dare." Dr. Hudson growled, staring at Cas with a malice that sent chills down your spine. Castiel grabbed your wrist and pulled you close to him as the lights went out and your world went dark.

---

When you dared to open your eyes again, you were in a library of sorts. You were trapped in an embrace with Cas, his arms wrapped protectively around you.

"Sam? Dean?" Cas called out, and two men walked up to him, smiling.

"Cas, buddy, did ya manage to seduce the cop?" The shorter one asked with a flirty grin on his face.

"No, I did not. You know perfectly well what I did." Castiel said as he let go of you.

"Where am I?" You dared to ask. "What's going on?"

"You're in the bunker. Sort of a safe house." The tall one said. "And we're here to help you. If, of course, you want the help."

You looked back to your encounter with Dr. Hudson, with his pitch black eyes that weren't up to any good. "I want you to help me." You said softly. "Teach me how to kill those sons of bitches."

You knew that these men, no matter how intimidating they might be, would be there for you. Well, that's all that one can ask for, right?