Leo X Reader: A Reality Check

A/N: So this takes place after Leo first meets Karai (Well sometime around there. Raph knows), but you knew the guys for a while before that.

You were sitting in the lair on the couch, flipping through one of Raph's comics boredly. You didn't understand why Raph always teased Mikey about reading comics when you saw Raph reading them constantly too... or was that the newspaper? Either way, he read.

Thankfully you were interrupted by the sound of cheers and talking turtles - which meant they were back from patrol. You jump up from the couch and run over to the boys, tackling the closest turtle into a hug; which just so happened to be Raphael. "You guys are back!" You say happily.

"Uh, yeah. Can you let go now, (Y/N)?" Raph asks, holding his hands up as if fending you off. You blush, a little embarrassed, and let him go before giving each of the other turtles a hug to; Leo being last. He seemed out of it though, not himself.

"Hey Leo, are you alright?" You ask the leader with a concerned look. He waves you off and walks towards his room.

"Well that's weird." Donnie says as he scratches his head a little.

Raph huffs angrily and heads towards the dojo while Mikey went into the kitchen to start making food. The anger of the red masked turtle might be normal, but you knew it wasn't just that. It was clear to you that Raphael knew something, so you follow him to the dojo.

"Hey Raph." You say as you enter, which was a bad idea. Three ninja throwing stars ended up embedded into the wood right next to and above your head. "Woah! Don't kill me!" You cry out as you move out of the way.

"(Y/N)?!?" Raph exclaims as he looks at you and then lets out an agitated noise. "Get lost." He growls.

"Not until you tell me what happened with Leo. He never... he always says hi to me." You say a little sadly, which causes you to be laughed at by Raph. You shoot him a glare and grab one of the throwing stars and throw it at him. You took lessons from Leo... well you were until recently when he started blowing you off. Tonight was the weirdest though. It was like you didn't exist.

"Awe is someone having Lame-o-nardo withdrawl?" Raph teases, but then his eyes widen as he dodges the star you threw. "Hey!" He shouts, glaring at you, taking out his sai, ready to fight.

"Now is not the time to fight Raph." You say as you cross your arms stubbornly. "What's up with Leo?" You ask stubbornly.

Raph rolls his eyes at you but puts his sai up. "He is head over shell for some girl who is part of The Foot. It's absolutely ridiculous! He thinks she is 'good' or whatever. I can't believe he is being so stupid! He's acting like Donnie when April is around!" Raph replies in a way that can only be described as Raph's way.

You can't help but flinch a little when he mentions a girl, and being told that he was acting like Donnie did to April made you kind of sad. Wow. You never thought you would see a day where a turtle chose some evil human girl over one of their human girl female friends who wasn't evil. Especially when that turtle was Leo.

"It was technically my fault." Raph growled angrily. "Had I not challenged him to lead the team he'd never have left and ran into Karai!" You realized he blamed himself, but decided trying to comfort the angry red turtle would end up with one of his sai at your throat.

"He's Leo.. He will come to his senses." You try to say helpfully, only earning a glare from Raph. "Okay then..." You say gently as you leave to go back to the main room. When you get there, you realize everyone went to sleep except for Raph who was in the dojo.

"I guess I'm walking myself home then." You say with a sigh. It was weird, going through the smelly sewer alone and struggling to push the manhole out of the way. Usually Leo walked you home, like it was some sort of tradition everyone agreed to. The turtles and Master Splinter were always protective of you, and they always insisted that you had someone walk you home; whether it be April or one of the turtles.