Donnie X Reader: Importance

A/N: I hope you enjoy!

You smile a little at Donnie as you watch him. He was showing you how to create retro-mutagen - reluctantly of course. Since you were always in the lair anyways, you figured you might as well be helpful. Master Splinter wouldn't teach you how to be a ninja because "You are not ready" according to him. So you had convinced the purple clad turtle to show you how to make retro-mutagen so that while they were out battling bad guys you could work on the retro-mutagen and help out on his mechanics.

After spending a lot of time with the turtles, you had started to develop a little crush on Donnie. Yeah, you knew he was the worst to crush on because he was madly in love with April, but you couldn't help it. He was smart and he was a really sweet turtle. How could you not like him? Plus, the way he had gotten worried about you when you said you could make the retro-mutagen made you smile. He was worried you were going to accidently get mutated. Of course at the same time it kind of annoyed you that he thought you couldn't handle it, but hey, you couldn't have everything right?

"So that's all you do?" You ask as you watch him work.

"All I do? (Y/n) it takes months to make this!" Donnie says, sounding a little upset with you.

"I didn't mean it that way, Donnie. You know that. I just meant it's all you have to do until you wait." You explain, well as best as you could.

"Yes, that's what you do." Donnie replies and then he looks at you a bit nervously. "(Y/n) I still don't think this is a good idea. You working with mutagen." He says, his eyes looking at you nervously.

"I'll be fine, Donnie. I will be extra careful." You promise as you look at him and smile, hoping to reassure him. "Now go find April, I think she was looking for you earlier. Something about her dad." You say, feeling a little sad at the way he lit up at the mention of April. If she ever needed help he jumped at the chance to e her knight in a purple mask. You would be lying if you said that it didn't make you a bit sad.

"April was looking for me?" Donnie asks clearly excited. You nod and tell him where she was before you begin to work on the retro-mutagen a little longer and then you decide to go hang out with Raph for a while - you needed to let out some steam and get away from the mutagen before you poured it on yourself in a moment of poor judgment.

When you found Raph he was exactly where you knew he would be. "Raph, mind if I join you?" You ask as you walk over and grab a Bo staff - Donnie had been teaching you how to use one.. well when April wasn't around.

"Sure." Raph says as he turns to face you. "Donnie went after April again?" He asks as he looks at you.

You nod a little, "Yeah. She said something about her dad and Donnie and told me to tell him if I saw him."

You see, Raph knew about your crush on Donnie. It wasn't as obvious as Donnie's feelings for April, but Raph was smarter than people gave him credit for. He figured it out and had been helping in his own little way - for one he was there when you needed to let out some steam. Of course, you always lost when you sparred with the red clad turtle but still, it made you feel better that you could last longer than expected of you.

"You shouldn't have told him." Raph says as he pins you down almost instantly - you had been side-tracked.

"I didn't want him to be mad at me if he found out that she wanted him and I didn't tell him." You respond as you manage to flip him and you sat on his plastron, straddling him with the Bo staff caught in his sais and pressing down towards his neck. It didn't last long.

"Well then you're an idiot too." Raph says as he pushes you off of him and stands to his feet. You twist so you roll and then jump to your feet. You and Raph spar for a little while until you managed to pin him and get rid of one of his sais.