Raph x Reader: Beyond The Lock & Key

A/N: Many of you asked for a part two to A Different Girl Than You Knew  and so here it is. I hope you all enjoy it. If this continues to be so popular, I'll probably move it into a different book to make a mini-series like one reader requested. And, if anyone is curious, I'll make a one-shot as if you were the older sister to give a bit of Leo x Reader in the same kind of setting. Just let me know what you are thinking! Comments are always more appreciated than votes (Feedback is more imporant to me personally).

A few weeks after the almost-but-not-really kiss with Raphael, you were sitting in what you called the "Battle Plan Room." It was really the kitchen of the pizza place you guys were hiding out in, but since all you guys did in the kitchen was plan how to take out the Kraang, you gave it a better name. Though that wasn't what you should be focusing on, you knew, as Leo was pointing to a map of New York City and talking about their plan.

You weren't paying attention.

Instead, you found yourself staring at Raph and trying to figure out what was going on in his head. Why had he given you that look and then pulled away? Had he been about to kiss you, because it kind of looked like it? What was going through that thick, stubborn head of his? You wanted to know, but you weren't surprised that he didn't answer the questions you didn't ask aloud. And you wouldn't ever ask them. It was too embarrassing to do that.

"Sissy, up?" Your little brother asked, tugging on your shirt and taking you out of your thoughts. A small smile formed on your lips and you nodded, but put a finger to your lips to tell him he needed to be quiet so the turtles could plan. With that, you lifted your brother up and hoisted him on your hip, looking at the turtles who were so absorbed in their planning that you were pretty much invisible. Though that wasn't anything new to you.

Of course you knew that you had changed. It wasn't a hard thing to see. You had been a lot like Mikey for the longest time - care-free and loud. Once you had kidnapped Spike, hiding him in your room to get back at Raphael for calling you a mean name. When he found you, the two of you were snuggled up sleeping on your bed. Upon waking up, though, Spike had been gone and you got yelled at by Raph.

But it hadn't upset you.

You didn't feel scared and you hadn't cried once. Instead you had always smiled and laughed at him for being so angry all the time, because you knew just how soft he really was and thought it was cute, that hard shell that hid the softness of his heart.

After the turtles left the city, a lot had changed. The naïve teenager that you had once been was no longer allowed to exist. Not if you wanted to be strong enough to protect your brother. The fear that you would lose him upon making one slip up... after losing your older sister, too, you had a harsh reality check. It had become crystal clear how easy it was to die in the world of the Kraang.

Month after month your confidence in them had dwindled down to nothing. You also became much more grateful for the things in life that you had. Like your baby brother. Before, the two of you had always argued and many times when he asked to play you'd brush him off. Tell him that you would play later, or something along the lines of "Not now, I'm busy" when you just didn't want to deal with him because you had a bad day.

"....and then we can at least get Donnie close enough..." Leo was still explaining the plan, but you did not know what was going on. It was your own fault for not paying attention, though.

A lot had changed, though.

Spike wasn't Spike any longer.

You had run into him and some of his mutant friends once. He had saved you when you nearly got caught by the Kraang. He was the leader of a group. You were proud of him for that, you were. He had sat and talked with you for a while. About what happened between him and Raph when he mutated (you hadn't heard the story), about what he was doing now. And you had laughed about the time that you'd taken him and slept with him. He admitted that Raph told him a few things about you, but he wouldn't tell you why Raph was so harsh towards you all the time.

Why he seemed to hate you.

"Y/n? Are you listening?" Leo's voice interrupted your thoughts. You blinked, meeting his blue gaze before you looked around and realized that they were all staring at you. Oops. Maybe you should have been paying attention instead of getting lost in la-la-land.

Sheepishly giving a smile, you rubbed the back of your neck. "What were you saying?" You quietly asked.

Raphael groaned and rolled his eyes in annoyance, and you flinched. Leo only offered a slightly frustrated smile. You knew this was a big deal. They were talking about defeating the Kraang and all. "You know the schedule of the Kraang best, their patterns and where we can hide out. You have been studying them. We're going to need you to debrief us before we head out."

"Oh, right." You nodded. "I can do that," you agreed. While they had been gone, you had done a lot of investigating of the Kraang and their patterns. They had their own system and patterns to follow. It'd taken you a while to decode it, but you had eventually mapped it out. So you explained it all to them, mostly to Leo and Donnie because Mikey was playing with your little brother and you couldn't bring yourself to make eye contact with Raphael.

Later that evening, they were getting ready to head out. You gave Leo a hug, then Mikey, then Donnie. They had their gear strapped on, and you were feeling nervous. When you got to Raph, the two of you made eye contact, holding it for a moment. You felt nervous and broke the gaze. Wanting to know how he was feeling though, you glanced back to him and he was still looking at you.

"Be careful out there.. and.. don't die." You murmured quietly. "It'd be bad if yo-"

Raph's arms pulled you in for a hug, his face burying into your neck. Your arms rested against his plastron, unsure of where to put them before they slid up to wrap around his neck. "We need to talk when I get back, okay? We WILL talk. So don't worry." He whispered into your ear. When he pulled away your entire face was red, and his brothers were all laughing quietly among themselves, smiling and nodding at Raph when he looked at them.

He nodded back.

And then they were gone.