AU Leo x Reader: Leader's Girlfriend

A/N: So I ran out of ideas for this for a moment so I'm just gonna do the "TMNT BAND" AU where instead of Mikey, it'll be Leo this time!

The backstage area was full of mutants. Humanoid mutants were everywhere. The mutants that weren't as intelligent were considered more as pets of sorts, to be tamed and examined. You were the rare, odd one out. As a human, you got a lot of strange looks - most were disgust or hatred. Some were of distaste. You tried to ignore all of them, as they made you feel a little uncomfortable. Had you been able to get away with telling them all off without causing problems for your boyfriend, you would have bitten the head off of the dog-like mutant who made a comment about your lineage.

Humans were a rare species, after all. 

Hated by mutants, though it hardly made any sense - mutants had once been human too. Only they were mutated and allowed to reproduce. Some mutants, the ones who couldn't reproduce, had died out years ago, while others created hybrid species.

At times you nearly snapped that they were just upset because they were not human. But that wasn't quite true. You wish you could be a mutant. Could fit in with Leo's world. Being looked at like you were the worst thing around was pitiful and annoying. Once you'd gotten into a fight with an ape girl who had commented about you being a human. You immediately made a snide remark about her having devolved, since the scientific world said humans came from apes, which meant that you were an upgrade of her at least. 

If it hadn't been for Raphael, you weren't sure you would have won the fight, seeing as her larger hands were wrapped around your neck and you were too busy still trying to punch her lights out to realize her snake friend was about to bite you.

Mutants were a pain. 

They all looked at you as if you were the freak, but they all had freakish abilities and looks. You were nothing at all. Weak, no matter how hard you trained or tried to be stronger. And Leo told you that you were perfect just the way you were, but he was a famous singer in the band with his four brothers, he couldn't really talk about not fitting in with the rest. 

"Y/n, why are you just standing there?" 

One of your best friends, Izzy, was waving her hand in front of your face. She was the most like you in appearance, though subtle things showed she was still a mutant. Her eyes, for instance, were slit pupils like a cat. She also had pointed canines that she liked to show off when she was angry or threatening someone. She had cropped ears, so they hid beneath her wild, curly black hair, and her tail wasn't something she liked to show off. Most of the time she was mistaken for a human, and was quick to put others in their place if they tried to pick on her. 

But she could do that. 

She was like they were, a mutant. 

Despite that, she never treated you differently. She was probably one of the main reasons you felt so at ease in such an environment, compared to when you were younger and grew up in one of the few "human only" communities. The stark contrast from the societies had shocked you, and you'd fainted. It'd been how you met Leo, though, so you weren't all that upset by it. 

"Ah, sorry. I was just thinking. Are they about to go on?" You snapped back to your surroundings, paying attention to the bustling of the behind-the-scenes crew who were speaking into headsets and rushing around with equipment. It was so much crazier backstage than you would have imagined. 

"Yes!" Careful with her sharp nails, Izzy drug you through the stage crew and parked close to the stage, in full few of the turtles as they were getting the crowd all riled up for the concert. Mikey was being silly behind his drum set as usual, and Donnie and Raph were both occasionally strumming their guitars for emphasis on the words. The real show was Leonardo, the 'leader' of the band who was holding his microphone and talking with the crowd. He walked around the stage, towards the edges and interacted with some of the girls in the front row who had their hands held out to him, just hoping they could touch his skin with theirs.