Raphael x Shy!Reader: Halloween is NOT My Holiday

A/N: So I've been in a bit of a writing funk, but this request has SERIOUSLY GOT ME PUMPED UP. I am so exited to write this, and I hope it turns out like you imagined. It's gonna be weird writing this because I personally LOVE Halloween. By the way, I WILL be trying to get a Halloween one-shot up for all the turtles, but this one isn't Raph's. Okay lovelies, so here goes!!

The turtles stared at you for a long moment, and it started to make you feel uncomfortable. Pulling on your hoodie sleeves, you looked to the ground. "I don't see why it's that big of a deal." You quietly murmured. "What's so wrong about it?"

Mikey looked the most upset.

Raphael had a dumb-founded expression on his face.

Leo and Donnie both looked deeply offended.

"How can you not like Halloween, Y/n?!" Mikey whined, fake tears forming in his eyes. Or maybe they were real. Was he really that upset about your distaste for the horrid holiday? What was so glamourous about pretending to be someone you weren't? Didn't people do that on a daily basis anyways?

And besides, all the hype about scaring people and dressing up as some people's greatest fears to terrify them as a joke? How messed up could someone get? How many people teased those who were terrified of clowns by dressing up as one? If they could take fears of spiders seriously and fears of heights as a real problem, why were fears of creatures any different?

You didn't get it.

"It's like the ONE day a year that we can go out and just be ourselves! No one questions the turtle because they think it is a costume!" Raphael exclaimed, staring at you.

Fiddling with your sleeve, you pull your arms closer to your side. Couldn't they just let it go? You didn't like Halloween. And you didn't really want to tell them WHY you didn't like Halloween. Because of course they would laugh at you and find it funny. They just didn't understand. They probably never would, because it was their favorite day of the year (except maybe Christmas).

"So you won't go out with us tonight, then?" Leo asked, looking disappointed. They all did. And you really wished that this was something you could give up and just say "I'll go" but it wasn't. This wasn't a thing you could easily change your mind about.

"Sorry guys." You murmured, feeling the heat rise in your cheeks.

"Ah, whatever. Who needs you to have fun." Raph scoffed. "Let's go guys." He was already halfway out of the window, and you felt the words hit you directly in the chest. You didn't mean to disappoint them.

"Okay..." Donnie and Mikey followed after Raph.

Leo paused halfway out of your window and gave you a lopsided grin. "Well, enjoy your night anyways, Y/n. We'll catch you later."

You had to smile at that. Leo was always the most understanding of the brothers, but you assumed it was because he had to be. To lead a team of such opposite personalities he would have to understand the likes and dislikes of each of his brothers and coordinate it to keep their team together. It made him a great leader.

You wished Raphael could be that understanding...

The night passed by slowly. Your mind was fogged with thoughts of the turtles. You were sure that they were enjoying themselves. Laughing and having fun. Parties and things weren't exactly your forte. You had gone to a few before in an attempt to appease the few friends you had, but in the end you didn't like the parties. And those "friends" weren't exactly friends either. The only real friend you had was Casey, surprisingly enough.

And even then, Casey was a bit of a dimwit.

Glancing out of the window for a brief second, you let out a sigh. "I don't understand." Some kid dressed as a zombie was chasing around a girl in a princess gown. She looked terrified. You momentarily thought back to the reason you didn't like Halloween but stopped yourself, jerking your curtains closed. "Such a stupid holiday." You muttered, shaking your head and deciding to call it a night. You'd go see the turtles tomorrow. They were bound to still be excited, and you were sure that they would want to talk about it.