• ∆ 9 ∆ •

(A few months later)

{Alex}

I rush out of my dorm and race down the hall. Shit! Shit! I'm late for law! I turn the corner and continue to run. I watch as Thomas Jefferson walks out and smirks, crossing his arms.
"Oh look its the-"
"Fuck off and kiss my ass dickhead." I tell as I sprint down the hall. I look back and grin as he stands there clueless.
"Uhm.. okay then." He mutters and run to the law building. I get to the classroom and swing the door open.
"Alex.. your 15 minutes late. Please explain." Mr Washington asks. Oh fuck. I'm screwed.
"Uhm.. well.. it's actually a long story.." I chuckle slightly. He folds his arms and indicates for me to sit down.
"We'll talk after class. Anyway, when we debate-" he starts giving his lecture and I pull out my laptop. I open word and start typing. Time flies by. And I mean it jesus.
"Okay, we will continue with debates next lesson. Don't forget to write a 2 page essay about the importance of debating." Mr Washington announces. People start collecting their stuff, chatting happily amongst themselves. John has an art lecture for two whole hours. Boo. Class feels way too long. I pack my stuff and stumble over to Washington.
"Sir, what do you need?" I stutter but ignore it.
"Since you are the highest in the year in law, I will let this one late arrival go. But there is one more thing.." my stomach starts to turn. Oh god.
"When your writing your essay, please don't make it 25 pages like last time. It was a pain to read. If you go over two pages, I will count it as a late turn in." I nod resistantly. Oh fuck I'm screwed. I can't write only two pages!? John'll have to help me with this one. I wave as I walk out. Closing my eyes in disappointment. It's not a big deal but I really don't think it's humanly possible to write only two pages for an essay. While I'm in my depression era I walk into a small figure.
"Shit! Sorry!" I mutter. I open my eyes to see.. Maria..? Her eyes are puffy from crying.
"Maria..? Are you okay?" I ask, holding out my hand so she takes it. She heaves herself up and fidgets with her fingers.
"Are you.. busy? Do you have another class?" She looks up on the word 'class' I look up and shake my head.
"I don't have class until Friday. What's up?" She grabs my wrist and pulls me to a brick alley way.
"Oh fuck. I've ruined it." She whispers, looking at her feet. I put my hand on her shoulder and she looks up.
"I had an argument with Peggy." She says through her tears. She had a fight with Peggy? I thought they were like.. perfect?
"Tell me what happened." I seriously want to know what happened because I don't wanna see my friends break up.
"So.. you know like two days ago? I was really sick. I had like the flu or some shit like that. And Peggy really wanted to go see John for a movie night. But I seriously thought I was gonna die so I begged her to stay. It went back and forth. Then she raised her voice. I started crying and she stormed out. It's all my fault." She puts her hands over her face and I comfort her as she sobs into my t-shirt.
"You haven't done anything wrong. You were ill. I'll talk to her, okay?" I reassure her and she sighs. She mouths 'thank you' to me and I smile. She starts to walk away and I do the same a few seconds later. I hesitantly walk Infront of the dorm room door. I knock on the darkwood door and Peggy answers. She pokes her head out and locks eyes with me.
"Hey." She mutters under her breath.
"Can I come in?" I ask. She opens the door to let me in and I do. She sits on Marias bed and lays on it.
"I'm guessing mari sent ya..?" I nod and she sighs.
"Lemme guess. She wants to break up?" She groans through her palms on her face.
"Far from that actually. She feels horrible about it. She just feels like she can't talk to you because you'll push her away." Peggy sits up and through her wide, glossy eyes is shock.
"Really?" She asks. I nod and she gets up.
"Can you.. text her to come here. Like to our dorm?" I smirk and she gets all flustered.
"NOT LIKE THAT YOU CREEP!" That's the Peggy I know. I text Maria.

Alex : Go to your dorm room. No questions.

Maria : ... Okay.

Alex : good ;)

I look up at Peggy and she has a slight smile on her face.
"Thank you. You really are the best Alex." I hear my phone chime and I'm guessing it's Maria. But no. It's John. I get a wave of excitement as I check what he said.

John : Can we talk?

Fuck. That's never good. I immediately think it's a break up talk even though we ain't even together. Wait. That doesn't even work Alex? It doesn't matter.
"Hey Pegs? John needs me so-"
"Go make out or something horny." I give her a fake smile.
"It was a 'can we talk' text.." her grin slowly disappears.
"Hold on.. YOU AINT EVEN DATING!?" I slowly slip out before things get weird and quickly walk to our dorm. I stand in front of the door like a coward and brace myself for the most un breakuppy break up ever.
"Hey, Alex." He stops making his eggs and puts them on a plate. He smiles. Weird. Not something you would do before 'breaking up' with someone. I sit on the couch and he does the same. I fidget with my thumbs and he puts his hand on mine. Okay... I don't think this is a break up anymore.
"Okay.. it takes a lot of guts to ask this. Uhm... Oh god... Breath.. so Alex.. you are probably the most amazing, kind, beautiful, generous, hot... Person I have ever. Met. And well.. I know we have kissed. And.. I though maybe it's a good time to ask.. doyouwannagooutwithme?" What was that?
"HUH? What did you ask again?" His face becomes red and I smile.

"Do.. you.. wanna go out with.. me?" THATS WHATS THIS IS ALL ABOUT?!
"Fuck yeah!" He smiles widely and presses his lips to mine. We laugh as our lips are still connected. He puts his hands on my face and pulls away.
"You know what.. that sounded really stupid.." he laughs and I frown. He looks upset now.
"I actually thought it was cute." He nudges my arm and laughs.
"Stop it." He says playfully. I kissed him again and he relaxed into it.
"I may be trying to fix a relationship right now.. and hopefully it's working.." I whisper. Pushing away
"WHO'S?!" He tells excitedly.
"Oh fuck it's Peggy's and Marias isn't it." How the fuck did he- nevermind. I nod. He smirks and gets up.
"Let's see if they made up. Sorry, I mean hear." UHM!?
"JOHN!? ... Fair enough let's go." I say grabbing his hand as we step outside.
"So do you want to have a pet names or some shit?" He looks at me and has a 'i don't really care' face.
"Babe is enough to be honest. I don't like all that sugar plum bullshit." I shrug and smirk.
"Okay... Babe." He blushes slightly but he hides it with his hand. We reach the door and John puts his ear to it.
"Told ya." He moves out the way and I press my ear to the door. You hear quiet moans from the other side. For fuck sake, weren't they like in an arguement two seconds ago.
"I swear to god they're like sex machines." He says, sounding.. impressed?
"Shit! I just remembered. There's a party at the Schuyler Mansion tomorrow. Eliza told me to invite you. You going?" He says.
"Obviously. Is there al-"
"Yes there's gonna be alcohol there." FUCK YEAH!