Part 2: Chapter 13 & 14

(3rd Pov Tsunami)

Tsunami dove into the water, between the spiral dragon horn rocks. She powered through the kelp into the tunnel, shooting between the rock walls. She was gong so fast, she didn't see the dark shape waiting above her in one of the breathing holes.
She thought she was alone until talons slammed into her back and shark claws closed around her neck.

Giant wing smashed Tsunami to the rock floor of the tunnel. She tried to twist around, but her attacker kicked her in the head and then tried to shove a hood that smelled of seaweed over her snout so she couldn't see. Tsunami shouted and struggled, lashing out with her claws and tail. Her attacker was bigger than her, and heavier, so Tsunami could barely move under the weight. It seemed like he or she was wearing something to make them heavier; she felt something metallic clack against her spines. 

Fishhook claws dug into her gills, and Tsunami shrieked with pain. She felt blood swirling away from her neck and into the water.
'I'm not going to die here!' she thought ferociously. 'Killed by a coward I can't even see! I don't think so!'

She remembered how Sunny always managed to wriggle free during their battle training sessions. The tiny dragonet used her small size to slip out of almost every hold Tsunami could think of.

Tsunami scrunched her legs and wings in close and ducked her head, rolling into a tight spiky ball. Her attackers grip loosened around her neck and, as the dragon fumbled for Tsunami's snout, Tsunami was able to squirm down and shove her opponent over her head. A black of bubbled slammed into her as the dragon crashed into the wall.

Before she could pull her hood off, the talons were back clutching her forearms. Tsunami kicked viciously at the underbelly that had to be in front of her and felt her claws snag painfully on metal rings. Her attacker made no sound, but a moment later the dragon's tail hit Tsunami so hard she thought she heard bones crack.

The other dragon's wings began to press her down toward the rock floor again. Whoever it was knew how to fight like a SeaWing; they had all the advantages of this world. 'So use something they haven't seen before.' Tsunami thought of how Glory used distractions whenever she fought Kestrel. Tsunami's scales couldn't change color, but she bet she could still be pretty distracting.

She flared her wings open and closed, open and closed, as fast as she could, stirring up the water around them. She felt her attacker pause as if confused. On her third open, Tsunami suddenly lit up all the stripes all over her body in what she hoped was a blinding flash.

Her attacker's talon slipped, and Tsunami struck out with her claws again. Again she flared her stripes, as bright as she could make them, so she could even see the light through her hood. She reached to shove her attacker away, and suddenly whoever it was . . . was gone.

Tsunami flailed in the water for a moment, fending off the attacks she expected from every side, before she realized there was no one around her anymore. She reached up and yanked off the hood, then felt movement of somebody coming up the tunnel from outside.
She whirled around, ready to fight, and Riptide leaped back, waving his talons. Tsunami whipped her head back and forth, but there was no sign of anyone else.

All right? Riptide signaled.
Who? she signaled back with the stripes on her snout. Who? She didn't have any of the other words she needed. 
He spread his webbed claws. I don't know. The he pointed at her. All right? He lit up all his stripes, and she guess he'd seen the light from outside.

She nodded impatiently. She didn't have any way to explain that she was grateful he'd come, but she needed to chase down her attacker now.
All right. she signaled back. Then she spun away, swimming fast down the tunnel toward the palace.