Chapter 24

No one's pov:

Hyunjin is currently at his office alone inside the palace, he's busy scanning, reading and signing some papers as he keeps on occupying his mind with work.

*knock knock..

"come in" he automatically said without looking at the door, just continuing what he's doing, but the door didn't open another knock on the door making him finally look at the door with a glare while it's still close

"I said come in" he said with annoyance in his voice, no one open the door there's just a sudden envelope that slide at the bottom of the door. He raise one of his eyebrows because of that and no choice, he stand up from his sit and quickly opened the door but no one is there

"tsk!" then he close the door and grab the envelope on the floor. He's about to throw it away in the trash but he notice a note attached.

"your marriage" he read the note causing him to open the envelope. As soon he scan the paper he's holding that came from the envelope, he can't understand but a stab from his chest feels so heavy suddenly. 

He's going to throw it but stop himself from doing that because he might need it in the future. Even it makes him feel uncomfortable, he sighed for a moment and put it back inside the envelope then he hide it inside of his drawer and lock it. 

-

Y/n's pov:

'Happy birthday Hyunjin, can't wait to celebrate your birthday with me for the first time hehe' I wrote on the photocard of him then put some design on it, it's actually a polaroid photo of him. I smiled while appreciating what I just did then place it on his table beside the bed.

I went outside and I'm almost running while heading to the main event hall. 

It's his birthday right now, I'm really excited to see what will happen later since once again this is his first birthday that I'm included. Maybe I'll get the chance to dance with again right? our last dance was actually on our engagement party. 

I requested to the organizer of the event if it's okay if I'm the one who's going to make Hyunjin's main birthday cake and let them do the other cakes they want to make, and they all agreed. I already finished doing it yesterday, all alone! It's chocolate cake combined with cheesecake, I heard that it's his favorite flavors.

"wow!" I covered my mouth when I saw the theme of his birthday party, the whole area is covered with combination of black and gold, it's so elegant! They even change the chandelier to square type, there are also fake plants in here in every corners. The vibe literally suited to his personality and how he looks, this feels like a legit prince aesthetic.

"yoww" Seungmin nudge my arm out of nowhere, I saw Victoria beside him she just wave her hands at me while smiling cutely.

"this is the first birthday of Hyunjin I'm included, are there a lot of guest later?" I curiously ask Seungmin, we all sit on one of the chairs here since all the preparations are already done. 

"same here!" Victoria raise her hand and we laugh because she suddenly raise her voice 

"Surely there will be a lot of guests, you can see it base on how well they prepare for his birthday" -Seungmin

"It's going to be more like some business partners and most of them is our relatives, and maybe some of his friends that he invited" Felix suddenly appear with Krystal

"ohh..what's going on here? we're all suddenly gathering" I said to them because they literally just went on me one by one

"since this is your first birthday of Hyunjin, we decided to make a surprise stage performance" my eyes widen when Krystal said that