Chapter 3

The man's alarm went off, causing him to jump up immediately

The man's alarm went off, causing him to jump up immediately. He quickly turned his head to look at me, seeing my glare.

"Turn it off..." I mumbled, turning my back away from him.

"I'm surprised you decided to stay." He spoke, genuine shock in his voice.

"I have my reasons to stay. Don't think it's because of you." I huffed, then covered my head with the covers.

"Hey! Don't go back to sleep! We have work!" he complained, grabbing the covers and lifting them off my head and to my chest.

"There's no 'we' in work." I whined, grabbing the covers as he held onto them.

I pulled the covers back to me, only to have them pulled back from him.

"There's no 'i' in work either!" he retorted.

"There is in State Security Service. Go to your job." I huffed.

"Our job!" he spoke, completely grabbing the covers off of me.

The cold hit and I shivered, glaring at him.

"When I walk out of that bathroom you better be dressed and ready to go." He spoke, glaring back at me.

"I won't promise." I commented lazily.

He rolled his eyes, getting up from the bed and walking to the bathroom.

What a jerk, making me wake up at... I looked at the time and my eyes widened. 5 A.M?!

I sighed, getting up from the bed and lazily pulling the covers up to fix it. I carefully placed Flower on the bed in the middle to make sure she was safe before grabbing my suitcase and grabbing clothes, quickly changing.

I put on a black long-sleeved shirt and black tights, wearing dark gray shorts over them and sliding into my black shoes. I brushed my hair (if you have it) until it was tangle-free, then put on my glasses (if you have them) and did quick sprays of perfume.

I walked out of the bedroom and to the kitchen, looking around the cabinets. I noticed in one that there was coffee in it.

Coffee? Well, he does seem like the type of guy to make coffee in the morning. He seems like a successful person, and successful people drink coffee. I thought to myself, then grabbed the coffee grounds.

I should poison it, then escape. I know I signed that contract, but what are they gonna do? As far as I'm aware, they don't have a tracker on me.

I placed the coffee grounds in the coffee filter, making sure the machine had enough water as it started to brew in the pitcher.

"You're a fast changer." He spoke, causing me to jump.