Chapter 4

I followed the first and second-lieutenant down the city hall hallway, holding our heads up high and walking with purpose

I followed the first and second-lieutenant down the city hall hallway, holding our heads up high and walking with purpose. I tried to appear confident but I wasn't quite sure if I was as convincing as Briar and lieutenant—I look like a joke compared to them and it's all cause of my height (I'm sorry if you're not under 5'10").

I mentally glared at Briar and lieutenant.

If I was taller, people would take me more seriously. Maybe if I was 6'6", Briar would stop being a jerk.

I ignored the thought we entered an open-door room. Immediately, Jim was nervous.

"D-do you people need something?!" he spoke, nervous in his seat.

Tsk-tsk. You're already acting like you know why we're here.

The lieutenant showed Jim his SSS badge, then spoke: "We're from the State Security Service. Jim Hayward, correct? You're under arrest for suspicion of espionage."

Me and Briar both walked behind him and grabbed his arms.

"Y-you think I'm a spy?! Hey, wait!" he exclaimed as we dragged him as he tried sliding his feet on the floor.

People gathered around, shocked and scared at the scene they're witnessing

Wussies. And why the hell is everyone here? Does nobody know how to mind their damn business? I thought, my anger starting to raise as we were being gawked at by noisy bystanders.

"Stop this! Let me go!" Jim protested.

"Shut up. You can give your story back at HQ." Lieutenant spoke.

Thank you. I was about to tell him off in a much more unprofessional way.

We dragged him to an armored van, throwing him in the back as me and Briar closed the door and opened the backseat doors, hopping in as first-lieutenant jumped in the passenger-seat.

"Drive to HQ." Lieutenant ordered the driver.

The driver nodded as he sped off. I softly sighed and leaned my head on Briar's shoulder.

"Get. Off..." he harshly muttered, nudging me away from him.

I glared at him, sticking out my tongue before leaning back on his shoulder.

"I don't wanna..." I muttered back.

"I don't care what you want..." he quickly retorted.

I mentally whined, leaning off of Briar and huffing as I crossed my arms and legs to show I was angry.

"Thank you for your assistance today, you two." The lieutenant spoke, causing me and Briar to both jump slightly, forgetting that he was here.