Chapter 5

We finally made it to the apartment his sister lived in

We finally made it to the apartment his sister lived in. Yuri held a huge bouquet of flowers as we walked down the hallway. He stopped in front of the door as he spoke.

"My sister is married. If possible, pay close attention to him. His actions towards Yor and his wording. I refuse to allow Yor to marry someone who can't treat her right." Yuri huffed.

"Okay..." I muttered, placing one of the briefcases I was carrying down, then knocked on the door for Yuri.

The door opened as a blond haired man held it open, standing behind him was a black-haired woman.

Ah, shit. I cursed in my head, my eyes widening as I quickly shook off the shock and fear so Yuri couldn't see.

The blond didn't make any sort of indication of being surprised, but I could see it in his eyes that he was. I stepped aside so Yuri could handle the situation. The two men both held a firm handshake as he greeted us.

"Welcome!" the blond and the woman, Yor, greeted warmly.

"Please, come in. Oh, let me take your coat and briefcases." The blond suggested.

"Thanks, but we're fine." Yuri spoke.

I nodded, placing down the briefcases in the corner of the room.

"I'll whip something up real quick, so you all can go ahead and catch up." The blond smiled as he walked away from us.

"Thank you..." Yuri gritted through his teeth, glaring at the blondie.

"Gee, you must be nervous, Yuri." Yor smiled.

"I-I'm not nervous." Yuri spoke, handing her his flowers.

She put them in a tiny white vase that barely fit the flowers. Yuri sat down on a single couch-chair as I sat down on the couch, the closest I can be to him without him freaking out over it.

"Thanks for the flowers, Yuri." Yor spoke.

"Sure, but, don't think I've approved of your marriage, sis!"  Yuri suddenly spoke up. "It's just too sudden! And why'd you keep it a secret from me for an entire year anyway? I need answers or I'll never approve." Yuri spoke.

I looked at Yor expectedly, waiting for her answer as she nervously sweated.

Something's not right about her. I mean, she's pretty and sweet, just like what Yuri said, but her vibe is off. Plus, why didn't she tell her brother about the marriage? Though, he does seem very doting to her, so I wouldn't tell him either. Also, why is she sweating and not answering?

"Well? Why aren't you answering me?" Yuri questioned.

"Um... it's because." Yor paused. "I...just forgot to tell you!" she shouted.