25

CJ POV

"so you have no idea what really happened then?" I asked Kayla as we were on the phone.

"no, she won't talk to me either. I tried to get her to open up, but she just blew me off." Kayla claimed.

"that sucks, I was hoping I could find out. might help Cruz" I was feeling for him, but that still does not give him the right to have an attitude.

" you tried and that's all we can do right now." she was right I know that.

"I know thanks for trying on your end. It means a lot to me." I was grateful for her.

"your welcome glad i could be of service, but listien i got to go. i have to finish my essay thats due tomorrow." she calimed and i groaned as i had to do the same. but have been avoiding it as well.

"alright talk later" i claimed then hung up.

i groaned and then climbed out of my bed, and made my way over to my desk. where my macbook was sitting and figured i should work on some homework. but a knock on my door pulled me from that.

"its opened" i called out and still moved to sit at my desk.

"can i talk to you for a second" dad voiced. and i turned so that i could look at him.

"sure what up" he moved to sit on my bed.

"i just wanted to say i am sorry" dad says and i looked at him with a weird look.

"what for?" i was confused.

"i lost my temper and i know that i did. and i just want you to know that you can still come to your mom and i." he says and i could see he looked drained.

"dad i get it, you where worried we all where. and i know that its difrent kind of worry for you and mom then for Canyon and i. And i know that you and mom care." i could see his shoulders relax at my words.

"okay good, i will let you get back to your home work." dad stood up.

"hey dad" i called out before he left.

"whats up" he says.

"you think you would have time to read over my applications later?" i wanted to get them done sooner then later.

"sure i would be happy to" he nods and then closed the door.

i opened my compture and another knock came to my door. well so much for getting homework done.

"its opened" i called out again.

"hey" i heard Cruz voice.

"hey" i turned and faced him and i could see his glum face.

"can i come in?" he asked.

"sure" i nod and he moved to come in.

he moved to sit down on my bed, but unlike dad he plopped and laid down.

"sure just make yourself at home." i shake my head with a girn.

"look i am sorry okay" i heard him mutter.

"i get it your going through something." i brushed it off.

"but still you where right, i was being a dick. you didnt deserve it. i would have kicked me out of the car too" he sighed.

"she really didnt say why she broke it off?" i asked.

"nah man and she wont even look at me. i mean i should be the one not looking at her." he scoffed.

"well i am sorry it happened" i honeslty was it would be a shitty feeling.

"i just wish she would talk to me. i mostly want to know if shes okay." he claimed.

"wow she breaks your heart and you want to make sure shes okay?" i mean talk about selfless.

"its just this was a first for both of us. i just feel like maybe i did something wrong. like maybe it wasnt okay, you know what i am trying to say." he explained.

"when you put it like that, ya that makes total sence. but i mean how are you feeling? this is a two way street you know." i wanted him to think about his own feelings.

"i honeslty feel shitty, i know its a cop out. but i was taking my anger out on everyone else." he sighed and i figured that as much.

"ya i kinda figured that one out myself." i voiced.

"it just sucks you know, to put so much time and effort into something. and them bomb all just blow up. its proboly for the best anyways, i mean i wont be here next year anyways. would long distence even work? and her being a whole year yonger its probally better we get it over with now" he sighed.

"but i mean did you not apply to NYU? if you got in you would be here for that last year?" i tried to make him feel better.

"and if she didnt want to go to school in New York?" he added.

"speaking of college, have you started your applications?" i wanted to see were he was at.

"sort of but Canyon is not going to be happy" he claimed.

"did you even fill one out for UCLA?" i asked.

"i did but its not my top choice. we made that desion years ago. Now that i am actually looking UCLA just dosent feel like a fit for me." he voiced.

"i see your point, its kind of the same thing for me too." i just had no idea how to bring it up to Canyon. i mean the thought of us not being together in college its crazy. we have never not been apart.

"i wish we could just be kids again, life was so much simpler then." and man was he not wrong.

"so did either of you just plan on telling me that UCLA was not the plan anymore?" i heard Canyons voice.

i turned to look at him and he looked upset.

"listen-"i started but he cut me off.

"why didnt you guys say anything. i thought this was what we all wanted" he moved more into my room.

"at one point that might have been the plan, but we are older now. and things can change" Cruz was the one to say.

Canyon sighed "i just want us all to be together" he looked at the floor.