Max?

Thursday was a long day but they all had stuff to do so nothing really happened.
Lila was planning something as always.
Yet max. Our max. Not that little thing that used to bully Sophia.
He was scared. Scared of Marinette hating him.

Even though he knew Marinette wasn't like that.
Nothing could stop his worry

"Max? You ready?" Nino asked

"Yup." He started straightening his back as they got into Chloe's limo.

While they were driving to meet their friends the others were having a tiny bit of fun

Allegra and Allan were plotting something while Mari Sophia and Claude were playing uno.

Felix being Felix tried to read his book.
Even though Marinette insisted on him playing with them, he didn't want to.

Not long ago he wanted to make Mari distance herself from him.
Not wanting her to be hurt,
She's already been through so much, he didn't want to add more.

He couldn't help but smile seeing her laugh when Claude lost the game.

Something about her always made his heart warm up, something that never happened to him before.

Marinette's phone rang. Snapping him out of his daydreaming.
He was sitting on her bed and her phone was right next to him.

Before she could say anything or stand up Felix's book was already closed and her phone in his hand walking over to her.

"Thanks." She smiled at him. He walked away sitting back at her bed as she picked up the phone

"Hey chlo! What's up?" Marinette asked as she put the phone on speaker as the game between her and Sophia was still happening

"Nothing much nette. We're on the bus to you guys." Nino shouted from across the car.

"Oh I totally forgot that's today." Mari looked down at her phone.
"When will y'all be here?" She asked as the school is on the outer sides of Paris

"About 20 minutes. Get your new classmates ready or I'm gonna be a surprise to them." Chloe stated and Marinette could sense her massive eye roll through the phone.

"The 'classmates' can hear yall." This time Marinette rolled her eyes

All Sophia Allan Claude Allegra and Felix said hi.

Well not all. Felix didn't, and Marinette noticed

"Anyway see ya soon Chloe!" Marinette hang up

As Sophia won the round a new one started
This time Marinette didn't play.
As everyone got settled and was focused on the game Marinette walked over to the man sitting on her bed.

She walked up to Felix grabbing the book out of his hand surprising him.

"Bookmark." She held out her hand and he passed it to her without a fight.

"Up we get." She stated grabbing his hand this time and dragging him out the room.

They walked over to the balcony and Felix did not dare say a thing.

"What's wrong?" She turned to him but all the anger, or what Felix assumed to be anger, was gone, the only thing left in her eyes was worry.

"Nothing much. Just can't stop thinking about my father recently that's all." He looked down but her body followed his eyes.

She bent down to meet his gaze and brought her hand to his cheek to make him look back up.

"You shouldn't. But I'm here to make you feel better. Now let's go before Chloe kills me that I'm late to see her." She rolled her eyes as they went back into the hallways to go to the girls dorm.

"So. The boys need to catch the girls." Sophia said

"You guys run to reception and we catch you?" Allan laughed knowing this is an easy win

"Don't be so sure we won't be faster." Mari and Felix walked in

"Let's go then. We start from Allegra's bed as it's the most further away and you guys at the door." Claude shook his hand with the girls for an agreement

"3, 2, 1.."

They ran and ran through the school trying to get to the safe place, Allan immediately caught up to the girls and got Sophia by her hand causing her to laugh along with him,

The second one to catch up was Claude who get Allegra right before the entrance to the hallway that leads straight to the reception.

Marinette used her super heroine skills and ran but Felix being quite athletic for a 'nerd' got her in the reception.

His arms around her waist and her hands on his arms, both laughing like crazy Marinette turned around just to have Felix kiss her on the forehead.

"MARI WON!" Claude shouted as the rest came up to the couple.

They started talking Allan's arm on Sophia's shoulders Claude holding Allegra's hand and Felix's arms still around Marinette's waist, they were waiting and waiting for them to show up

"Ehm Ehm." They heard a familiar to Marinette voice say

"So your Marinette's friends? Nice to meet you guys!" Claude exclaimed in his usual nice tone

"Um. Mari?" Nino looked horrified and confused at the same time.

"Hm?" She looked at him

Nino pointed to the arms around her waist.

"Oh. Don't worry about this guy." She looked back at Felix as he rolled his eyes

"Um Mari before we get all happy and stuff I think you need to know about something." Nathaniel spoke not daring to look her in the eyes

Marinette looked clearly confused as she stood there looking at them waiting for an answer.

"Max?" She spoke as a familiar guy stepped from behind the other 4 people that were looking at each other.

"Hi Mari......"

~~~