Chapter 2: 1

Adrianna's POV:16

Adrianna's POV:
16.03.1991
Apparently, my dad decided to take mother out on a date while all his kids were at school or work, which meant I arrived home first and could make sure the house was up to my mother's standards before they got back.

Thanks to Ken's OCD I don't have to do much, we always tend to keep the house clean so that nothing would make him uncomfortable.

I only have to do the little things like rearranging the couch cushions. My mother was always so particular about the cushions being in a specific order and if it wasn't positioned that way all hell would break loose, sometimes I think Ken's OCD was a genetic trait handed down from my mother because of little things like this.

I sat on the couch and checked the time on my watch, 3:30pm, the kids should be home any minute now. I kept my eyes on the ticking watch as I waited for them, I had to make sure we were all here and lined up at the door by the time our parents arrived.

Another rule of my mother's: all children present must greet their parents at the door after a long trip away. I know it sounds like a lot but after 19 years of doing this it just becomes the routine.

School finishes at 3pm, it takes Ken 10 minutes to round up all his siblings and get them to the car, another 5 if he can't find Michael that day, and then a 30-minute drive home. Ken likes to stay on schedule, much like me, so they should be arriving home in 3, 2, 1.

"Hi Adrianna!" 3:45 on the dot. "Hi Soo-ah" I greeted the 5-year-old with a smile as she bounced through the door. "Hello Jae-in" I greeted the 9-year-old who attached herself to me as soon as she caught sight of me. "Hi boys" I said as they trailed in a couple seconds behind their little sisters.

"Let me see your clothes, we don't have much time before mom and dad get home" I said as I stood up, pulled Jae-in away and halted the over-hyper Soo-ah from running laps around me to check their uniforms for any stains.

Thankfully there didn't seem to be anything on them today and Soo-ah even managed to keep her hair neat, I could cry.

Almost on cue the sound of a car pulling up in the driveway could be heard. My head shot up and I rushed to get everyone in formation.