CHAPTER-23: Great Expectations

AGRIM SHARMA'S POV:
June 1st, Thursday

"Shall we begin our class discussion?"

"I don't understand what's there to discuss, Katsuragi-kun."

"You're seriously saying that after the explanation we were just given, Sakayanagi?" Katsuragi asked, annoyed.

"I am." Sakayanagi responded, that smug grin present on her face. "It is because we were given that explanation that I'm saying it."

"Didn't you hear Mashima-sensei? We have to maintain our position as Class A for the next three years in order to reap the benefits this school offers.

"Your thinking is naïve, Katsuragi-kun. You want us to go on the defensive, when we can be going on the offensive and increase the gap between us and the other classes even more."

"That comes with a huge risk, Sakayanagi." Katsuragi said. "Are you willing to take the responsibility if we end up losing class points?"

"Of course. It's only natural that the leader of the class takes the responsibility for the losses the class suffers."

"I see..."

"No offense, Sakayanagi-san- but I'm with Katsuragi-kun on this one." Suddenly, Yukinoshita spoke up.

"Hm? You finally have an opinion regarding class matters, Yukinoshita-san? That's surprising. I thought you'd keep brooding for the next three years all by yours."

"What a cheap comment. One can only expect such level of replies from a creature like you." Yukinoshita countered. "You're too full of yourself. Maybe someone should humble you, so you finally understand that there's always a bigger fish in the sea."

"Oh? You think there are students in the other classes capable enough to challenge our class?"

"Obviously. That's what the class shuffle was for."

"I'd argue that the shuffling was done to balance out the good students throughout the classes. I mean, look at Oreki-kun- he was sent to Class D, and he's a decent student. Meanwhile, Class B got Uesugi-kun, who's a top scorer among our grade."