Covention Intervention

(Heads up! Events from Covention, and consequently, the rest of the series, happen up to this point. You have been warned. Or informed, I guess. Infwarned.)

Luz had made a bet with Amity because she crushed King's cupcake. The only issue is, if she loses, she has to give up magic forever. Which is quite a big issue. So Eda was attempting to train Luz on the art of combat.

Eda puts a sweatband on and thinks of a scenario. "Okay, Luz," Eda said, thinking. "let's start your training. Now, I'm coming at you with a blast of fire." She puts her hands parallel to each other to mimic a 'fire blast'. "What do you do?" 

Luz puts her hood on and leans off of the seat she was sitting on, forming a fetal position. Eda quickly realized what was going on. "Oh, that's right, I haven't really taught you that many spells, huh?" Luz shook her head.

Eda shrugs nonchalantly. "Eh, it's fine. At least you didn't make an everlasting oath that you would stop trying to learn magic or anything." 

Luz's eyes widened, and she sat up instantaneously. "Um, if someone were to have made an everlasting oath, what would that look like, exactly?"

Eda interlocked both of her own hands and just said monotonously "Some kind of glowy hand thing. Why?"

Luz nervously gulped. "Oh crud." She muttered to nobody in particular. She was dreading the eventual confrontation.

"Abomination, rise." Amity and Lilith were close enough to observe. An abomination sprouted out of the ground using a spell circle Amity put in the ground. Eda observed the circle closely before she got an idea. She snapped her fingers and turned to Luz, placing her hands on Luz's shoulders. "Luz, I got it!"

Luz's eyes lit up. "You found a way I can learn magic!?" Eda scowled. "No, not that! At least not yet." Eda smiled at Luz, looking directly at her.

"That spell circle reminded me of a ritual we could do to summon a demon to help you beat that cyan-haired brat!" Eda punched her own hand to emphasize the beat.

Luz gasped. "A demon?! That would be cheating!" Luz put her hands on her hips. 

Eda rolled her eyes. "Relax. The covention never said anything about summoning a demon. As far as I'm concerned, it's fair game."

Luz nervously put her hand behind her back. "I don't know..."

Eda looked at Luz with aggressive worry in her eyes. "Listen to me, kid. If Amity loses, what does she have to do? Apologize? Say that humans can be witches? Compare that to you. If you lose, you're not only going to have to give up trying to be a witch, but you're going to have to stop learning magic altogether! Do you really want that?"

Luz recoiled slightly and sputtered "B-but the principle!" Eda kneeled to be at Luz's height and looked at her dead in the eyes.

"What's more important? The principle, or your life-long dream that you've been dreaming of doing so passionately that you moved entire worlds to try and pursue?"

Luz looked at Eda hesitantly, and after a ton of inner turmoil, she finally nodded her head. "Okay."