A Deal's A Duel

Luz walks into the arena, anxious about what Bill was going to do to stop her. Amity walks into the arena with an unerring confidence on her face. The audience cheers, eager to see what potential carnage could ensue. Amity cracks her knuckles. Luz nervously waves to her, still distracted by that charming yellow triangle with a top hat.

A horn blares off, and Amity immediately casts a spell circle on the ground. "Abomination, rise!" A purple conglomerate of magic and willpower appears from the ground, bigger and stronger than anything Amity's ever casted before, much to her surprise.

Luz whimpers at the sight of this and immediately takes a few steps back. Amity attempts to provoke her. "Show me what you got, human!"

Luz takes another few steps back while nervously exclaiming "I'm not good when I'm under pressure!" before attempting to run away. The abomination takes off its head and throws it at her, which just barely misses her. Unfortunately, she is also now backed against a wall of the arena.

The abomination throws it's head directly at her, seemingly unable to miss, and Luz braces for impact. Nothing. She opens one of her eyes, anxious. She sees the abomination's head has somehow ceased all momentum and has instead started hovering. 

Luz thinks this is another one of Amity's magic powers to psych her out, but she soon changes her opinion quickly when she sees a familiar eye pop out of the abomination and "wink" at her. Luz now understands what is going on but is not at all eased by Bill's presence.

Amity was facing away the whole time, expecting to be declared winner already, and turns around to see why Luz isn't declared defeated. She recoils at the sight of her abomination head hovering and points at her accusatorially. "...What the- Hey! No fair! You cheated!"

Luz instinctively extends both of her arms and opens her palms. "I'm not cheating! I'm just...!" She looks down at her hands for a little. "Using magic...?" She does jazz hands to try and look more convincing to Amity. 

The abomination head, still hovering, starts shaking violently and carves itself into a (still purple abomination-esque) skull before its eyes start glowing yellow as the skull itself turns blood red. It turns around and starts slowly flying after Amity, its jaw extending almost five times the distance it should anatomically take and making a demonic wail, a dark yellow eye visible in the inside of it's mouth. Amity screams and ducks, the skull slamming into the arena's border with an audible THUD.

Amity slides toward her now headless abomination and points at the skull, not even being able to stand up. "A-Abomination, attack!" Amity uttered with all the confidence she had replaced with anger and desperation.

The abomination throws its hand at the skull, which attaches onto the skull and coagulates into it. A part of the hand melts off where the left eye socket of the skull should be revealing a tangerine cat-like eye with slightly visible eyelashes as its entire jaw evaporates completely.

Amity puts one of her hands on Luz's shoulder as she shakily points at the (what can only be loosely described as a) "skull" terrified and yet enraged beyond all belief. With any semblance of tranquility thrown out the window, Amity asks with her voice almost giving out  "WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT THING!?"

Luz takes a couple seconds to respond before managing to utter out "I-I- well, it... I just-" but before she could finish, Amity with venom in her voice growled "Stop it. Now."

Luz moved her finger in a circle to mimic what Amity did earlier and just said "Skull! Stop! Please...?"

The skull immediately stopped moving and just froze in place. Luz and Amity were still shocked beyond belief, Amity taking multiple deep breaths lasting more than a minute before turning to Luz, not with any malice but with pure fear. "What... is that thing?"

Luz decided to tell the truth. Or at least, a partial version of the truth. "I-I-I don't know! I was just trying to do magic and suddenly... oh my gosh..."

Luz reflected for a little before immediately getting onto her knees. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to do that!"

Amity pointed at her with terror still visible in her eyes but anger visible everywhere else. "You think SORRY'S gonna cut it!? I could have died!"

Luz tried to formulate a response. "W-well, your abomination thing threw its head at me! That could've killed me, too!"

Amity snapped her head at her with her right eye twitching "How was I supposed to know that!? You're a human, don't you have, like, regenerative chromosomes or something?!"

Gus stood up from his seat in the audience and pointed his finger in the air. "Um, actually-" before Willow sat him back down and uttered a dismissive "Not the time, Gus..."

Luz and Amity stared at each other in silence for a while, Amity still breathing somewhat heavily. Luz felt incredibly guilty about the situation, and decided she was going to tell the truth. The whole truth. But before she could get a word out, Amity suddenly said "I forfeit."

Luz's eyes widened. "Wh-what?" Amity said again, with no hint of irony or condescension in her tone "I forfeit."

Luz took a moment to process this. "Why? You were doing so-" "Are you kidding me?!" Amity snapped back. "If you can summon something with that amount of magical power without even meaning to, who knows what the heck else you could do if you actually tried to hurt me! I'm not risking it!"

Lilith started to interject. "Um, Amity, are you sure you don't want to-" "No! No no no!" Amity adamantly refused. "I am out. OUT."

Luz thought about it for a moment, before a small smirk appeared on her face. "Does this mean...?"

Amity sighed and pinched her nose bridge. "Yes, it does mean." She said, not wanting to hold up her end of the bargain but needing to because of the magical oath.

Amity took a deep breath, waited a little, and uttered something completely unintelligible. "What was that?" Luz asked.

"...hrmmns crrn be wwwechhes stuu..." Amity muttered, not wanting to admit defeat. Luz moved a bit closer to her. "I'm sorry, you're gonna have to speak up just a teensy bit more?"

"Humans can be witches too, okay!?" Amity yelled. "They must have some sort of incredibly unstable bile sac for a novice to perform magic that powerful..."

Gus sat up again before Willow sat him back down.

"WEH!" King fell off of the audience seating into the arena, got up, wiped dirt off his knees, and pointed at Amity. "There's something else you're forgetting!"

Amity sighed. "Fine. I'm sorry I stepped on your freaking cupcake or whatever."

King crossed his arms. "I'm satisfied with that."

Amity held her hand out for Luz to shake. Luz was about to shake it but hesitated. Amity rolled her eyes and scoffed. "It's to break the oath, nit-wit." 

Luz seemed to have been convinced because she shook Amity's hand not too long after. Amity sighed, put her hand on her forehead, and started walking away. "I'm gonna go home to contemplate existence in my room..."